I'm looking at a schematic for a Rickenbacker 330, and I'm unable to figure out the purpose of one of the pots. It's R5 in this schematic, also labeled "MIXER". It appears to be a volume pot, but it's output goes into the input of another volume. What is the purpose of this pot?
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Quote by end_citizen
The mix knob blends between the two pickups when both are are selected.
Not wired like that, it wont.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Man, I'm not sure, but this looks like a pretty sweet setup. What are you planing on using it for?
I suppose you could consider it blending the pups in that it lowers the volume of the one pickup while leaving the vol of the other, but that's exactly what the other volume pot is supposed to do.
Quote by SVStee
Man, I'm not sure, but this looks like a pretty sweet setup. What are you planing on using it for?
My brother wants me to build him a replica of Mike Rutherford's double neck Ric, and this would prolly be the correct wiring for the 12 string neck.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

Last edited by DuctTapeNinja at Dec 11, 2008,