I have a Jackson DK2 with a licensed floyd rose tremolo. Knowing licensed floyd quality, and if it craps out, could I just directly swap it with an edge, edge pro, ofr, or anything good without requiring routing of any kind?
Last edited by Chickenparts at Dec 10, 2008,
if the cavity of the guitar fits well with the new bridge, i don't see why not.

actually a OFR or an Original Edge would probably fit without any routing but Edge Pros an Lo-Pros would probably require some routing done due to there low-profile fine tuners
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=511668

is this the guitar you have?
my bad, it says that it has a low-profile trem so a edge pro or lo-pro edge might fit.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
i have a rr3 and i never have problems with the trem, stays in tune, only have to tune it slightly once a week. but for some reason everyone else with jackson floyds have problems with them. and i abuse the **** out of it.

weird..........
Quote by Chickenparts
yes thats the one. So an edge pro would fit with certainty?

most likely but like i said before, i'm not 100% sure.

just a question: why do you want to swap the trem?
is it because your trem has crapped out? or because you've heard licensed Floyds suck?

you do realize that EVERY FLOYD ROSE is "licensed under floyd rose patents". check every floyd including schaller, ibanez edge, ibanez lo-pro, ibanez edge pro, gotoh floyd rose, ect. they ARE ALL LICENSED FLOYDS.

what you assume when you here about a licensed floyd is a crap trem made with crap materials.

/rant

anyways i'm almost sure an edge pro would fit your guitar perfectly.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
most likely but like i said before, i'm not 100% sure.

just a question: why do you want to swap the trem?
is it because your trem has crapped out? or because you've heard licensed Floyds suck?

you do realize that EVERY FLOYD ROSE is "licensed under floyd rose patents". check every floyd including schaller, ibanez edge, ibanez lo-pro, ibanez edge pro, gotoh floyd rose, ect. they ARE ALL LICENSED FLOYDS.

what you assume when you here about a licensed floyd is a crap trem made with crap materials.

/rant

anyways i'm almost sure an edge pro would fit your guitar perfectly.

I Don't want to swap it right now anyway, and i'd like to avoid it if possible. The bridge is relatively new right now and hasnt had time to break in yet. I was just going to see if it would be possible to perform an easy swap if need be. But no, I don't want to swap it because "Licensed Floyds suck" or whatever. Nor do I want to swap it at all. But yes, the trem is visibly of lower quality than the original floyd on my hellraiser, and it just doesn't seem as sturdy, and I've heard some stories of the locking nut breaking and things like that. So I was just planning for the worst. Yeah I worded that post pretty badly. The trem is fine now, I was just wondering if a swap would work.
Last edited by Chickenparts at Dec 10, 2008,
I can honestly say that I have not seen any licensed Jackson FR's that people have had major issues with. They are one of the best quality LFRs around.

Most locking bridges will probably fit (Schaller LFRs are great) but the studs will probably be a little different, so you may have to fill in the previous stud holes and drill new ones for the other bridge.
Even if the trem cavity is a little different, it's not to hard a task to sand it a little bit wider and touch up the paint in the cavity.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
jackson trems ARE OFRs, with a different name stamped into them. the most common reason for floyds not to work is that theyre not set-up properly. a properly set-up edge III will stay in tune for ages!!! now if you just want to pay more money to make you fell beter about your bridge then your wasting time and money. again, jackson floyds are made by schaller, the SAME person who makes the OFRs. they just say Jackson instead of Floyd Rose. same materials, same build quiality, SAME EVERYTHING. ok. im done
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by Chickenparts
I Don't want to swap it right now anyway, and i'd like to avoid it if possible. The bridge is relatively new right now and hasnt had time to break in yet. I was just going to see if it would be possible to perform an easy swap if need be. But no, I don't want to swap it because "Licensed Floyds suck" or whatever. Nor do I want to swap it at all. But yes, the trem is visibly of lower quality than the original floyd on my hellraiser, and it just doesn't seem as sturdy, and I've heard some stories of the locking nut breaking and things like that. So I was just planning for the worst.

ok.
it's just that people always assume because it says licensed floyd rose it's a crap trem. what they don't realize is Floyd Rose filed his invention with the patent office. so even OFR have the "licensed under floyd rose patents" due to the fact that they are producing his product under their(the company) wing.

but yeah you can usually tell if it's a crap trem. but just give it time to break in. when i got my RG1570 with a Edge Pro, the tuning stability was crap. i had to do some home remedies AND break in the trem before it got that badass perfect tuning.

goodluck with you guitar though
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by f22master
jackson trems ARE OFRs, with a different name stamped into them. the most common reason for floyds not to work is that theyre not set-up properly. a properly set-up edge III will stay in tune for ages!!! now if you just want to pay more money to make you fell beter about your bridge then your wasting time and money. again, jackson floyds are made by schaller, the SAME person who makes the OFRs. they just say Jackson instead of Floyd Rose. same materials, same build quiality, SAME EVERYTHING. ok. im done

Refer to my earlier post. I dont WANT to swap it out, I just needed to know if it would be possible. Also I didnt know Schaller made the Jackson Bridges that kicks ass!
Quote by Chickenparts
Refer to my earlier post. I dont WANT to swap it out, I just needed to know if it would be possible. Also I didnt know Schaller made the Jackson Bridges that kicks ass!

i understood your earlier post crystal clear. i was just letting you know that IF you did decide to swap for watever reason that it would be a waste of time and money
i was also giving you valuble info on FR construction and the improtance of a good set-up

The Best Floyd Rose Is A Set-Up Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
i understood your earlier post crystal clear. i was just letting you know that IF you did decide to swap for watever reason that it would be a waste of time and money
i was also giving you valuble info on FR construction and the improtance of a good set-up

The Best Floyd Rose Is A Set-Up Floyd Rose!

okay then it's all good buddy.
Quote by Chickenparts

but alas...i am not 21 yet

ah wat the ****!!!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B