So I've been thinking about getting this amp. Is it any good? I searched online and couldn't really find any reviews on it. I mostly play metal like Metallica, Megadeth, etc. I'll probably be using pedals with it.
buy a vypyr if youre playing metal
pedals on modeling amps sounds like crap
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I have it, and while I like it alot, the metal channels are the amp's weak point. You could also get a VOX XL which is like the metal version of this amp, but it doesn't have an effect loop.

Then again, the VT could be an improvement over the AD. It's not out yet I thought...
Gear-
Cherry Epiphone SG Special
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
Listen to the song in my profile, recorded all with AD30VT's, a 15 except bigger. Then tell me the metal distortion is weak. It's not quite professional, but it's damn good imo.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Well my budget for an amp is $200. I don't think they have the Vypyr at my Guitar Center.

EDIT: I kind of want a tube combo amp or one that sounds similar to a tube amp. I was looking at the Crate tube amps.
Last edited by Spengebaab at Dec 10, 2008,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
buy a vypyr if youre playing metal
pedals on modeling amps sounds like crap

Quit ****ing say this. Only if you have multiple effects on does it sound like ****. For example, a clean channel on the valvetronix with a decent pedal sounds really good. Off the bandwagon, please.

EDIT: Try actually playing a valvetronix with a decent pedal on the clean channel of the vox.
Quote by Spengebaab
Well my budget for an amp is $200. I don't think they have the Vypyr at my Guitar Center.

EDIT: I kind of want a tube combo amp or one that sounds similar to a tube amp. I was looking at the Crate tube amps.

The valvetronix is actually a pretty decent amp. The one "made" for metal is something you should try out first, if possible. Have a store order it to make sure its what you want.

The crate V series is really classic rock and blues voiced imo.
Well, a Vypyr 30 or up with a sanpera 1 or 2 is basically a great metal setup on a budget (only about $280 at cheapest).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.