Hey guys....and girls,

So my bands first show will be on march 6th which is a battle of the bands at my highschool. The catch is they make us cover at least one song.
Now normally that wouldn't be a problem at all, but we are tuned in c. So what are some good, not impossible songs to cover that are tuned in c.... we play metal(screaming or no screaming).

thanks

EDIT:it is drop c
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
Last edited by haveaniceday233 at Dec 12, 2008,
In before I Cum Blood

I'd go with the SOAD idea. Toxicity is a really good song, especially if you have a really good drummer.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
OP! I remembered a truly epic drop-c song.

Sleeping Giant by Mastodon. Get on it, boy.
Quote by MarkWolf
well heres a thought , grab a tuner!

i have a locking trem sooo that's not going to happen
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
Ants of the Sky by BTBAM. You could play all the instruments at the same time, or you could take the pussy way out and have each member of your band play the different parts.
As i Lay dying and atreyu have some pretty awesome drop c ****, try confined or through strugle.
Standard C or Drop C? it looks like your saying standard C, if thats the case,

no clue. if worst comes to worst, just play something from standard EADGBE that everyone knows, itl sound lower, thats about it. I could listen to Master in drop C. Prolly be nice sounding ;o

if Drop C- Mudvayne, SOAD, Children of Bodom, some old shadows fall, maybe In Flames they all write some fairly easy songs here and there (not all of them because they also write some tough **** too)

Edit:
Quote by Nosferatu0
As i Lay dying and atreyu have some pretty awesome drop c ****, try confined or through strugle.

Completely forgot As I Lay Dying. but ya those are two really good choices there.
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Some A Perfect Circle and Tool songs are drop C, otherwise borrow some backup guitars to switch to between songs
holy **** march 6th is my birthday...anyways...good luck? and grab a tuner..
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
Quote by IEatOrphans
Play some popular slipknot song. Should appeal to the crowd. Something like before I forget or psychosocial.

Slipknot's in B, though...
Quote by goest
Slipknot's in B, though...

And sometimes A, and then when they wanna kick ass, they'll drop an octave lower and play in Drop G.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
almost everybody is giving drop c suggestions, i think he just means C.
Queens of the Stone Age have some heavy stuff from the Songs for the Deaf album, and he only plays in C, but uses a lot of pedals. (Millionaire, Six Shooter, Song for the Dead)
And if I remember correctly, most of Black Sabbath's Master of Reality album is in C, Children of the Grave?
Quote by goest
OP! I remembered a truly epic drop-c song.

Sleeping Giant by Mastodon. Get on it, boy.

I was going to suggest Mastodon! Do It!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by mongoose711
Some A Perfect Circle and Tool songs are drop C, otherwise borrow some backup guitars to switch to between songs

This man speak the truth. Both statements.

Built from stolen pieces
Telephone in my heart.

Chopper Reid Of the Australia
FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
In Flames is not impossible to play, like trigger or cloud connected, only for the weak is slow and easy, or clayman. All of their old stuff are in C, their new stuff are in drop A#
Be metal and say you're covering something, but you're actually playing an origional. And say the songs by a band called something completly obscene or inapproapiate.

Well, don't get your hopes up for winning, cause everyones first show sucks. And since you have no following you'll lose. Unless you're all super tight and can wow the audiance like no others, you'll lose pretty badly.

However good luck
If you mean C Standard = The Black Dahlia Murder and Dethklok are first to come to mind.

If you mean Drop C = Any metalcore band play in D Standard or Drop C, so try All That Remains, Killswitch Engage or Shadows Fall.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Some dream theater is in C (As I Am and Honor thy Father from "Train of Thought" come to mind"). Think their last 3 or so albums, though.

If you meant Drop C, then you have an enormous amount of options.
It's not that big of a deal playing something that's not in that tuning, unless you are playing along to the song.

I mean, if you are in drop c no one is gonna care/notice if you play a song that was recorded in drop d. So yeah you pretty much don't have to worry about that.
atreyu

bullet
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Dude, check out melodic death metal or metalcore, lots of bands in that genre are C tuned
Children of Bodom, In Flames (dude, only for the weak is easy, the solos a bit fast), Bullet for my valentine etc
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
If Drop C:

I Don't Wanna Stop - Ozzy Osbourne is a good bet. Simple, straight to the point, and even a fun pentatonic wank solo that you can probably improvise without anyone knowing.
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...
Drop C or C standard, If C standard, Go the Deththeme, by Dethkok, cept a few of the solo bits might be a bit hard.....
Otherwise, Drop C, Children of bodom, From HateCrewDeathRoll>Bloodrunk are all in drop C i thinks.