i've always looked at the world in a very unique way however i never truely realised that everyone looks at the world in their own way untill now.

i was reading a section of ben franklins autobiography for english class and he includes a schedule of his day. basicly, he gets up, thinks about how he could do his best that day, works/studies all day, and then at night, he anylizes how his day went and how he could improve so that he can be the most productive person as possible. this is totally different from how i view the world.

i think that everyone in the world doesn't fully realize what life is. people tend to be blinded by truely superficial things that don't matter such as material possesions, jobs, image, etc. we are given one life, and one life only. how on earth are you going to spend your one chance slaving away, doing everything that you hate. live your life the way you want to live it, be happy, and don't think about it. just go with the flow.

so, i'm actually quite interested to see how everyone else views the world. it is something that is a bit hard to describe but what ever, just try your best.
In my eyes, the world is only out to screw you over. if that is not true, everyone in the world would be as happy as a bunny.
Say hello to Tilt-A-Whirl

Quote by a6l6e6x1
i shave my pubes, so should they

wait, i mean no i dont! hehe

*backs slowly out of the thread*
today, the worlds a hellhole
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
the world is like a blue m&m

hard tasty outter shell, but inside we're all the same
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
So you thought we all saw the world exactly how you did?
scary though....

But i think the world today is a massive struggle between a few men's lust for power and the people's desire to be free
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Personally, I see the world as a collection of carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen condensed into a gaseous sphere comprised mostly of water molecules and vegitation.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Look Will, green, red, brown, orange, yellow, thats how i saw it, but now...blue, has the world gone mad?

They just m&ms C

(from fresh prince)
Guitars:

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black

I really see you upside down, but my brain knows better; it picks you up and turns you around.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
When i was 10 I decided it was out to get me and I still belive it.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
i view life as a horrific string of events with a few "happy" times. everything is pointless. who cares what we make or where we go because we all die. i cant stand driving around my town witnessing the mindless people running around like they are achieving something. and like my dad telling me to do the most pointless things, there is just no point to doing them. there is something so much bigger that nobody will ever know about until they are gone. and no, not religion... its made up for people who dont have the mental capacity or are scared to think that the world is nothing.

like inventing something... i used to be into that stuff. but now its just like "whats the point? what does that do for us? why do we need it? we dont."

i feel like there is something to be discovered, but the vast majority of people dont think about that stuff because it is like we have been trained from birth to just participate in the most mind numbing activities that just dont make sense. this is the part where people think "you're crazy!" but really, i think those people are crazy. they probably dont even really exist.
Well Enough Alone
The worlds always been this way. But thanks to the media, you hear about things more.
the world sucks. im glad its dying.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
lets just hope some scientist doesnt make a cure for cancer and all of us become blood sucking vampires
Guitars:

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black

I see it feelingly...
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by KwikKopy
Though my eyes.

You can tell this person was in a rush to make first post.

At the moment, I'm taking life as it comes because I haven't much going for me right now. I may not have the best job, education, material posessions etc. but like you said, TS, they are superficial. But at the same time, the superficial things I have are the only thing to keep me from insanity.

Politics and religion, I don't see the need for these things anymore. Why should our morals be decided by a group of smartly dressed men/women and a ****ing book?

There are many things I don't understand, by the above paragraph I'm sure many of you will agree, but what can you do? Even if you were the smartest person alive who knew everything, I bet you couldn't even talk a girl into bed.

The world sucks so deal with it.
Last edited by Chen-min at Dec 10, 2008,
I've read a but of Franklin's autobio. The 13 virtues are pretty cool, but impractical.
I am similar to you, I hate routine lifestyles.

I can't currently live this lifestyle because obviously society has requirements, I don't like to say that though, such as, school, job, etc. But my ideal lifestyle would be.

Wake up
Do whatever the **** I want
Go to sleep

I would rather die than be average as well, I could write an entire paper on this subject. Basically I feel there is an overwhelming pressure to be average in the world and not f*cking blow past expectations of you. Meeting expectations is average to me, and exceeding them is not much better. You gotta smear the expectations and reach the maximum in everything. Not to brag on myself, but this is an example.

We had a writing test at school. You are scored 1-350. 200 is meeting expectations, 250 is exceeding. 20 people exceeded expectations, 5 people made above a 300. I made a 350, no way to get any better than this.

This goes for physical activity as well, I despite obesity. If you aren't here to push your body beyond your capabilities, GTFO now IMO. I love weightlifting and lay it on the line everytime I step in the gym. Some may beat me in genes, but no one is going to beat me in dedication and hard work.

And one more thing, I hate the idea monoligualism. It is restrictive. I mastered Spanish and am now focusing on Japanese, I want to be a translator. If there is one person on this world that I can't understand due to language barriers, it is my duty to learn it and "hear their voice."

You only got once change in life and don't be average. If average people are obese, then be lean. If average people tell you not to say something, well you better f*cking scream it back at them because this is the only chance you got.

/rant

EDIT: Personally I think religion is average as well. Religion is a view of the world, bound in a book, unable to be expanded, or to be applied knowledge to. How people enjoy this close-mindedness I will never understand.
Last edited by EnemyWolf at Dec 10, 2008,
Quote by guitardude11
i view life as a horrific string of events with a few "happy" times. everything is pointless. who cares what we make or where we go because we all die. i cant stand driving around my town witnessing the mindless people running around like they are achieving something. and like my dad telling me to do the most pointless things, there is just no point to doing them. there is something so much bigger that nobody will ever know about until they are gone. and no, not religion... its made up for people who dont have the mental capacity or are scared to think that the world is nothing.

like inventing something... i used to be into that stuff. but now its just like "whats the point? what does that do for us? why do we need it? we dont."

i feel like there is something to be discovered, but the vast majority of people dont think about that stuff because it is like we have been trained from birth to just participate in the most mind numbing activities that just dont make sense. this is the part where people think "you're crazy!" but really, i think those people are crazy. they probably dont even really exist.

thats basically what im saying. i agree 100%
I prefer this view:

"We succeeded in taking that picture [from deep space], and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam. The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity -- in all this vastness -- there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. It is up to us. It's been said that astronomy is a humbling, and I might add, a character-building experience. To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by madshatter
i've always looked at the world in a very unique way however i never truely realised that everyone looks at the world in their own way untill now.

i was reading a section of ben franklins autobiography for english class and he includes a schedule of his day. basicly, he gets up, thinks about how he could do his best that day, works/studies all day, and then at night, he anylizes how his day went and how he could improve so that he can be the most productive person as possible. this is totally different from how i view the world.

i think that everyone in the world doesn't fully realize what life is. people tend to be blinded by truely superficial things that don't matter such as material possesions, jobs, image, etc. we are given one life, and one life only. how on earth are you going to spend your one chance slaving away, doing everything that you hate. live your life the way you want to live it, be happy, and don't think about it. just go with the flow.

so, i'm actually quite interested to see how everyone else views the world. it is something that is a bit hard to describe but what ever, just try your best.

Are you talking about Ben Franklin's Speckled Axe essay? because that was just in expirament... If your not, I'm sorry
I think that no matter what we do, the simplest of things will create the greatest happiness. I agree, everyone gets caught up in the hustle and buslte of their jobs, money and trying to satisfy others and forget to satisfy themselves.

But the world being like this has positives as well. Without all this hustle and bustle, places like this (UG and of course The Pit) wouldn't be here for us to talk like this. We wouldn't have the capability to chat to people half a globe away about your views on life. Aside from governments and war, which are all controlled by power hungry people, the world isn't half bad.

If your lucky enough you'll realise that those simply things we all do will keep you smiling through the sh*t fights and crap that happens. Everyone has their own little world where all the people they care about are, as long as you look after that world, you'll be happy.