Fine with me.
Put some Buddhist, Muslim and Jewish signs up too.
FUTURE EDIT:
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Atheists are immoral....

ORLY???
anti-religion? Great, I love how atheist will come to be stereotyped.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I think that if people are willing to pay for a sign/scene/tree/manorah themselves and place it on public land then it should be fine, but I am TOTALLY against the state funding of such things.

Church and state are separate, and a state office footing the bill for a religious symbol or an anti-religious symbol is wrong, IMO.

The state's view on religion should be a tolerant neutrality.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
As an atheist, I'd like to say this is bull. Who really cares what it's called?

But, just to be neutral in this argument, I'd like to point out that the Christmas tree used to be a Pagan tradition.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
WOO
PLACARDS
\m/
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by MyNameIsLame
As an atheist, I'd like to say this is bull. Who really cares what it's called?

But, just to be neutral in this argument, I'd like to point out that the Christmas tree used to be a Pagan tradition.

Christmas in general used to be known as The Birth of the Invincible Sun.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Atheists are immoral....

and all Christians are mindless, fascist zombies.

STEREOTYPING IS FUN!!!!
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Let the nativity scene be, put the sign on the other side of the room.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Atheists are immoral....

morality is just herd is the herd intinct in the individual- Friedrich Nietzsche.

morality is totally subjective
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Nobody should have gotten a display area. Unless it was a christmas tree, santa and his elves, or anything that's part of the accepted cultural holiday.

Having a nativity scene is directly religious and shouldn't exist in the capitol building.

I wish separation of church of state would be actually enforced in this country. The laws aren't ****ing rocket science.
Check out my latest recording on my profile
Quote by captainjackass
Atheists dont have a holiday, so why should they get a spot? The spots not about religion, its about winter holidays, relating to religion...

Well then no one should get holiday breaks from work (if it's public) or school (if it's public).

edit: I say, I completely misunderstood your post.

Either way, just consider it not a response to you
I just think that they're being jerkish because they put it near a nativity scene and a Christmas tree. I mean, really, in all honesty, I think they're really just trying to start something, but in a subtle way. I mean, why else post it where religious and/or Christmas supporters visit in vast amounts?
Quote by fallenangel20
I found a tick on my balls once.

No lie. There was actually a tick (as in the small, blood sucking insect) on my balls.

It freaked me out bad.

Quote by scheck006
Nobody should have gotten a display area. Unless it was a christmas tree, santa and his elves, or anything that's part of the accepted cultural holiday.

Having a nativity scene is directly religious and shouldn't exist in the capitol building.

I wish separation of church of state would be actually enforced in this country. The laws aren't ****ing rocket science.

I agree with this and I'm not even an atheist.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
thats all just bs if u ask me...
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") He lost his ears to a pyrotechnics display
Please buy him new ears

Boats and Hos!
Quote by Guitarpunk4
I just think that they're being jerkish because they put it near a nativity scene and a Christmas tree. I mean, really, in all honesty, I think they're really just trying to start something, but in a subtle way. I mean, why else post it where religious and/or Christmas supporters visit in vast amounts?

Of course they are. It's gets more publicity than a press release saying.

"why is there a nativity set in a state building?"
The problem is, they're anti-religion. Anti. Against.

As an atheist myself, I roll my eyes at what they've done, outright stating on a placard "there is no God." It's a viewpoint; by shoving it on others, they're just looking for a fight.

/My two cents.

EDIT: Of course, it isn't exactly right for the nativity scene to be there, either...
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by captainjackass
Atheists dont have a holiday, so why should they get a spot? The spots not about religion, its about winter holidays, relating to religion...

rly now?
I'm atheist and even I don't agree with it. I find it rather obnoxious, to be honest. Hell, it's almost as absurd as "holiday tree." It's a mathafookin' Christmas tree.

I celebrate Christmas as a holiday for giving, love, peace on Earth, that secular jazz. Not so much the birth of Christ, since I'm not Christian. None the less, I still observe it as a day to rest and to love.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Atheists are immoral....

You can take your views on morals to the religion thread, kind sir. One doesn't have to believe in God to differentiate right from wrong. And generalizations are rather ignorant, dontcha think?
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by ToastYerLicks
I'm atheist and even I don't agree with it. I find it rather obnoxious, to be honest. Hell, it's almost as absurd as "holiday tree." It's a mathafookin' Christmas tree.

I celebrate Christmas as a holiday for giving, love, peace on Earth, that secular jazz. Not so much the birth of Christ, since I'm not Christian. None the less, I still observe it as a day to rest and to love.

You can take your views on morals to the religion thread, kind sir. One doesn't have to believe in God to differentiate right from wrong. And generalizations are rather ignorant, dontcha think?

Cheers to you, man. You pretty much summed up what I was trying to say, but with more class.

Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by ToastYerLicks

It's a provocative response to the nativity set, which shouldn't be there in the first place.
why can't religions/races/culters all just get along?? l
ife's cruel.
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Quote by Mudmen190
Fine with me.
Put some Buddhist, Muslim and Jewish signs up too.
FUTURE EDIT:
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Atheists are immoral....

ORLY???

whoa, trippy, anyone else catch the fact that Mudmen didn't edit his post, but actually typed out the quote before Fassa posted? Sure, Fassa may have read it and went, hmm, i should post that, but still trippy

i dont know, i found that more interesting than the article. athiests fail. organized religion fails

disorganized religion, on the other hand FTW
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Atheists are immoral....

Im sorry what? How many people have been killed because of religious "morals", the different religions have been killing each other for hundreds of years. And of course each religion slamming their fist on their group of choice, IE christians, against the heretics, muslims, gays, etc etc. Anyone hear of the Crusades? I see on the news "Christians protest against gays at their wedding", imposing your will and destroying the life of others. I have not heard of an atheist killing another man for not beleiving what he beleives, hell not even for asking a question. Take your religion and shove it in your ass.