ok im playing guitar for the christmas concert at my school tomorrow. we r playing some TSO stuff, and i've never performed onstage before. Any tips or advice?
It isn't nearly as bad if you are onstage with other people. Just relax is the main thing. I just did a choir concert a few days ago, it was tons of fun.
if you're worried about messing up just turn your volume all the way down
Quote by sincewhen??
You LastAuramancer ....Are a GOD
Don't take your pants off. As a rule of thumb, don't take advice about handling pressure from a fan of the Chicago Cubs.

You're going to feel nervous. That's okay. In fact, a little fear is a good thing; it will keep you focused on doing well rather than being arrogant, not paying attention to what you're doing, and screwing up. Have you even played an organized sport or given a presentation in front of your class?
If you start to feel nervous kick on your distortion and rock out.
Kick the xylophone player in the teeth and start shredding with your ballsack on the clarinet players forehead
like a lot of people are saying, just relax, act like you own the stage. also make sure your fly is up.
stay relaxed, I still have a problem sometimes if I have a big solo comin up....really focus but feel the music, remember a small screw up wont be that noticeable with an orchestra...its all bout feeling the music though and play naturally
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
i aprreciate everything yall are saying. I play football and i wrestle, but that is natural to me. but yea, most the time i will be playing with the whole band, but there are a few hard parts that i play alone which are making me nervous.
If you can play the part well, and I do mean that you've mastered the part, you'll be fine. You'd be surprised how much stress is relieved once you actually get into the situation. The anticipation is almost always worse than the situation itself...if you know what you're doing. That is the vital part of performance. If you play football, I'm sure you watch some and have seen that, "Amateurs work until they get it right...professionals work until they can't get it wrong," commercial. Be able to not screw not rather than merely being able to play the music.

This is one of the things that's been going on with me; I was freaking out about my algebra final (fields and rings...a little different than y=mx+b, but just a little) but I studied hard and as soon as I started the exam, I was calm and I think I did well. If you know what you're doing, you will be fine on stage. You might be terrified, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to play.