Hey guys... so, yep. I've found it's time to move on from my squier strat and get a new guitar. I'm fully committed to playing guitar, and I'd say I'm pretty good... Just finished learning sweeping (but it's not all that clean. =/ ) and quite a bit of theory. x_x

Anyways, I play a wide variety of music, but I'm really looking for a double humbucker config. Uh... a telecaster would be nice, but they're quite a bit more expensive when they have the buckers. I was looking for either a tele like I said, or a Les Paul shape... not necessarily epi, but just a single cutaway.

And, my budget is probably around up to $300-400 (canadian).

Thanks a lot.
my opinion would be to save a little bit more, I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but $500 could get you a MIM Telecaster
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
not to be a dick but do some research on the web befor you post a thread like this, there are way way way too many here.

check out the reviews on here, go to youtube and look some up, visit as many guitar manufactures webpages you can to see what they go. go to your local guitar store and try every single guitar that fits your price range, and if they tell you to leave kick them in their teath.
agile. or maybe guitar in my sig. lol
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
honestly i'd go with a telecaster.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Go the opposite end and get a used MIJ Ibanez 7-string ... you need humbuckers this time + a 7th string. You can get a very nice RG7621 (fixed bridge) or an RG7620 (LoPro trem) in "player's condition" (some dings and some scratches) with that budget and some patience.

Quote by Ippon
Go the opposite end and get a used MIJ Ibanez 7-string ... you need humbuckers this time + a 7th string. You can get a very nice RG7621 (fixed bridge) or an RG7620 (LoPro trem) in "player's condition" (some dings and some scratches) with that budget and some patience.

i like your way of thinking
Quote by Ippon

No.

If this is going to be your first real guitar, don't waste money on bells and whistles. You don't sound like you really want a 7 string, so don't get one. Besides, you need to learn to play on 6 strings first anyway. You can probably find some great deals on used guitars, check your local craigslist listings (When you find them on craigslist, you can generally try them out first). If you want a dual humbucker set up, thinline tele's are $750 new, and you can probably find a used one for much less. You could also try some of the nicer Epiphone models or Gibsons, if you could find a deal.

Bottom line: Look to buy used, you'll be surprised how many awesome guitars you can actually afford. Oh yeah, and do you have a decent amp? Remember, that should be your first priority.
First and foremost - thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Yeah, I'm happy with my amp.
And, I was looking at the thinline teles... that was the first guitar I looked at.
Hopefully I can find some cheaper used ones.

Thanks again!
Quote by Aceh
Just finished learning sweeping but it's not all that clean.

i havent even finished yet..ive been playing 7 years..
i doubt u can sweep 6/7 strings up and down at a decent rate...but well done for doing it on your 1st guitar...

if you are looking for a LP shape, the Agiles are real good quality models, but you could also try an epiphone sg g400, very good!! not exactly an LP but still works miracles!
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Haha...sorry, what I meant was, I finished the basic stuff.
Learning as in, what a sweep is, how to do it in its simplest form, pick technique, rolling, etc.

Thanks man.
Okay, so I checked out the g400... It seems pretty nice - but is there something better for the price?
yea agile lp or epi sg400 is what i would go for if i started over again..
sorry about the blab on sweeps..its just taken me a long time to learn it and i was utterly pissed to see that u learnt it that fast lol :P

no offence meant at all!

keep up the good work, but if you a considering a decent second..try the epi sg, just not the g310.. its terrible compared to the 400!
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
I'd definitely go for an agile, but I live in Canada and I'm dreading the what the shipping costs might be... especially in this economic ditch we're in.

And haha, no problem mang. I'm leaning towards the 400 now.

Thanks again for the suggestions, guys.