well im looking at getting either a new guitar or a new amp..
my amp is a 15 watt Crate V1512 all tube amp. i love the way it sounds but it barely puts out enough gain to play stuff like chevelle..but its a great amp!
my guitar is an ibanez rvx220 with dimarzio x2n bridge and air norton neck and i had my neck shaved down a bit

im thinking of either buying a new guitar (Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR, " " C-1 FR, ESP LTD EC-1000, ESP LTD MH-1000. M-1000 or the Viper-1000), FR or not doesn't really matter to me im actually thinking i would prefer not having one.. or buy a new amp..thinking probably a Bugera 333XL combo..

i play alot of things from chevelle to atreyu to KSE to just straight up death metal/shred..
i'll spend up to 1000 on the guitar/amp

any advice?
I would always recommend new amp, but Bugera gets lots of bad rep on here- people have a lot of problems with them, maybe you want to research a bit more.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
im just like you
if you like atreyu, im assuming you like bullet for my valentine, they use 6505s and there awesome

i have a c1 fr hellraiser and its beyond sick too

go play them
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
A new amp is always nice but a Schecter is always worth it. If you play out then go for a new amp and maybe try to squeeze the guitar in your budget as well.
well im torn because my amp has been able to do what i've asked it to do..im not like a hardcore player im not currently in a band or recording..i just love to play
Always go for the new amp in a situation like this. I don't have much experience with the kinds of amps you're talking about, but generally, if you're picking between an amp and a guitar, go for the amp, it's what matters.

However, if you just want "More gain" you could always try just picking up a distortion pedal...
Laney GH100L.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
how bout a 600 amp, 400 guitar....i think thatd be a big upgrade....theres a lot of good amps in the 400-600 range, and same with guitars....you prob dont need a thousand dollar amp yet, prob just blow away the neighbors
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by nemjeff13
how bout a 600 amp, 400 guitar....i think thatd be a big upgrade....theres a lot of good amps in the 400-600 range, and same with guitars....you prob dont need a thousand dollar amp yet, prob just blow away the neighbors

\

that seems like it would be a good middle,

voxad50? dean/bc rich?
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
well the bugera 333xl (which i played in my local shop) absolutley blew my mind and priced just at $600 but so far my current amp has done everything i needed it to do without a hitch..thats why im leaning towards the guitar
Sounds like you have made up your mind then. You can always buy a guitar, and a good distortion pedal to give you better distortion if you are happy with your current amp, and it sounds like you are.
get a better speaker for the vox, it will make a huge difference. Then get an OD pedal or something to get you the gain you want.

The problem with the gain is the shiz speaker. the vox ad amps sound great with a real speaker in them...and its only $60
Quote by VPC
get a better speaker for the vox, it will make a huge difference. Then get an OD pedal or something to get you the gain you want.

The problem with the gain is the shiz speaker. the vox ad amps sound great with a real speaker in them...and its only $60

Way to not know what amp TS has.
Quote by LSC300
well the bugera 333xl (which i played in my local shop) absolutley blew my mind and priced just at $600 but so far my current amp has done everything i needed it to do without a hitch..thats why im leaning towards the guitar

you may not see the point of getting a new amp but eventually you are going to want to join a band and then you will need the new amp id joust get a good one now and then you will never think of a replacment
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!