Poll: Tell me where you stand?
Poll Options
View poll results: Tell me where you stand?
Do not own; They look reliable.
12 22%
Do not own; They don't look reliable.
26 47%
Do own; No maintenance/modding; Works.
6 11%
Do own; Maintenance(bias,ect); Works
7 13%
Do own; No Maintenance; Broke.
1 2%
Do own; Maintenance(bias,ect); Broke.
3 5%
Voters: 55.
Alright so, I know I'm a no-name, but I want to set up a poll so I can get some numbers from UGers who actually own Bugeras and may or may not have had 'happy endings' as of yet. This poll basically concerns reliability. I'm going to try to include most of the possibilities. No matter how you stand in the poll, name which Bugera you own, and how long you've had it, or how long until it broke. Also, include whether or not you've kept the stock gear in it, or changed tubes, ect. Feel free to leave a short side note about quality. I'm going to test them out tomorrow but I want an overall opinion, too. Thanks...
then set up a poll.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'll keep it short and to the point

Bought a 333xl head within 2 weeks the power tubes went out. Replaced the tubes re-biased and they went out again. Returned the amp and bought B-52, so far so good and its made it more than 2 weeks.
I've heard a lot of bugera horror stories, I'd stay away from them
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by BigRob91
I've heard a lot of bugera horror stories, I'd stay away from them

One reason why I was hesitant to sell you my 6262.

You'll probably get the same answers here, a week to a month and the power tubes crapped out. My 6262 died after 3 weeks. It spent 5 weeks at the tech just to have him put in stock tubes again and whatever the hell else he was going to bill Behringer for.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Be careful, because I bet you're going to get a lot of votes for "Do not own; They don't look reliable" from people who've never owned a Bugera.
Quote by tigerking615
Be careful, because I bet you're going to get a lot of votes for "Do not own; They don't look reliable" from people who've never owned a Bugera.

That's fine. It deserves to be an option though. I really admire the 333xl, but there are alot of people that just have bad feelings about these amps, whether from horror stories, or from brief inspections. I just want to get a rough idea of some numbers for each category from fellow UGers.
I have seen a lot bugera's coming in for power and pre amp tube replacements recently. It's either that they are using cheap tubes or they are baising the tubing hotter than recommended.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
amp had a few minor problems but pretty much all can be fixed by looking at BeerChurch's blog. Nice work there!

Sings fkn sweetly though, but i tell ya, a good cab goes a long way.
Mine is all stock from the day they came out. same tubes and all. Still works. 333xl. I'm glad I didn't get a dud.
how can an amp LOOK unreliable. I guess your simply refereing to the made in china factor. But I have had a head for 3 months now, a friend uses it at the moment, as I dont use it myself as It was way too modern sounding. But really I never had any problems with it. Sturdy build quality, and lets face it even many way higher priced units are not build better nor do they sound better.

Really good buy for a "middle-class" amp.
Kinda modern voiced though. So not a blues / classic rock machine.
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
Quote by chrisdam
how can an amp LOOK unreliable. I guess your simply refereing to the made in china factor. But I have had a head for 3 months now, a friend uses it at the moment, as I dont use it myself as It was way too modern sounding. But really I never had any problems with it. Sturdy build quality, and lets face it even many way higher priced units are not build better nor do they sound better.

Really good buy for a "middle-class" amp.
Kinda modern voiced though. So not a blues / classic rock machine.

I own a bugera like I said too and have had no problems. But lets not go over board here. It isn't a sturdy build quality. Have you opened this amp up? Or even from the outside you can feel the plastic knobs and how cheap it feels. I mean compared to my peavey 6505 my 333xl is nowhere near built like that. They do infact use really cheap parts to sell these amps for the price that they sell them for. Mine still works and it sounds great but I wouldn't argue that the build quality is the best.
Aside from the fact mine died on me twice my biggest complaint about the Bugera were the controls, they just felt cheap. I was afraid I would either break one of the knobs off or worse break the pot off the PCB.
well, on the brightside, the success rate is higher than the failure rate so far. That should be a given for any product, but still.
Well everyone I know that has them it still works. I know there have been some failures but I know some post on here have also been fake. I'm not sure what people get out of lying. Because atleast 10 times I have gotten on here and someone say "I bought a bugera today it blew up im never buying one again" And then they disappear and that will be their only post ever. lol People are crazy
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
you can't take 19 posts and pass judgement like that. On anything.

what is the tally btw?

I didn't pass judgement just yet... I was merely remarking. Anyways, u guys can't see the results so far? 6 think they look good, 22 don't. 6 people say they worked without any maintenance, 5 said they worked with maintenance. 1 said it broke without any, and 3 said they broke after maintenance.