I work for a company (StrapGraphics) that manufactures custom printed leather guitar straps and I have been trying get them to invest in custom printed nylon straps... What do you guys like or prefer nylon or leather. I'm taking a poll...
IMO, nylon. Leather's good too but I like nylon with leather button holes.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I prefer a good lather strap, but I'm poor and cheap, so their all nylon. Nylon is cheaper and generally more expendable, but leather feels better IMO and doesn't slide as easily.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
i like that nylon is more slippery. I get pretty crazy when i play and if a leather strap moves into an uncomfortable place, it sucks!
My gear:
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Ibanez AEL 50 SERLV
Peavey XXL Half Stack
i prefer leather, just because its more classy.
however, nylon is more affordable and its easier to work with.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
i've played with both and i prefer nylon just because to me it feels more comfortable and free. i didn't like how the leather caught on to everything and held its place.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
IMO leather is more comfortable and looks better
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
probably nylon. I like to swing my guitar around a lot and leather doesn't slide very easy.
i prefer nylon 4 my guitar, cus u get some sweet designs on nylon
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
On a strat or other guitar with good balance a nylon works. But for a LP, SG or anything with neck dive then nylon is worthless.
Quote by necrosis1193
I prefer a good lather strap, but I'm poor and cheap, so their all nylon. Nylon is cheaper and generally more expendable, but leather feels better IMO and doesn't slide as easily.

I bought a couple 3" wide leather straps off ebay for some where around $12 each. They have been holding up pretty good, and really for the price I would consider them expendable.