I hope I'm in the right forum. If not lemme know.

So I just recently started focusing more on my singing rather than my guitar (frankly I'm just not that good) and I have no idea what kind of equipment i need for practice, not live shows.

I don't really wanna buy an entire PA system. I just want something that I can plug a mic into and be able to sing along during practice without ruining my throat trying to be heard :P

Anyone care to direct me to the proper shtuff?
Whatever it is you do, DO NOT CLICK HERE! ! it will bring the end of the world upon us all!!!! I swear you click it, and you will end o.O
To heck with the "ONLY" threads. What gives someone the right to say this is the "ONLY" thread for that. Everyone is equal and should be able to start a thread if they want. Now, that said, You could get a small mixer, or pre-amp to run your mic into, and get a pair of small studio monitors. It would basically be a mini PA.
Here's a link to some Studio Monitors
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/studio-monitors-subwoofers-recording-pro-audio?N=100001+338382
do not buy studio monitors to sing into. Studio montiors are not supposed to be turned up that loud and they will break. I would get a small guitar amp and get a xlr to 1/4 inch cable and plug in a dynamic microphone. DO NOT GET A STUDIO MONITOR. The roland amp series has a mini pa kinda setting in it. The small roland amps would be your best bet. dont spend alot on a dynamic mic for practice. A nady sp-5 will do the trick at 20 bucks
Ibanez GAX w/Duncan's and Sperzels
Bugera 333 Head
4x12 Fane/Celestion Cab
Quote by Matt420740
What gives someone the right to say this is the "ONLY" thread for that.
I'd say being a mod gives you that right. Now that there is someone trying to be a rebel against the rules of MT, I'm going to do this:

*reported*

See what Danny, FP, and Psych think about not having related questions discussed in a thread they have designated as being here specifically for that purpose.

You can insult me as much as you want. I'm not going to post here again and if you PM me, it's getting forwarded to FP immediately and that will likely merit a warning.

*Closed* (Bah!)
Last edited by bangoodcharlote at Dec 11, 2008,
hey goodcharlotte. i was asking a question dealing with equipment. not how to sing, and the thread you dirrected me to had nothing to do with equipment. i can sing perfectly fine thank you very much. I don't realy want to search through pages and pages of an "ONLY" thread to find that there's nothing that will benefit me. its people like you that cause the mods more trouble. just let stupid people like me get the answeres they need easily from nice people like mat and blacklable.

freaking internetnazis
Whatever it is you do, DO NOT CLICK HERE! ! it will bring the end of the world upon us all!!!! I swear you click it, and you will end o.O
Exactly right RuleBreaker. C U N T S like bangoodcharlotte are what wrong with this site. I don't see why being a mod makes him think he's any better than the rest of us. And those studio monitors will work fine. Just read the reviews. They sound great. I don't see why a practice guitar amp is gonna sound any better for vocals, or be any louder than the monitors. And they definatley not going to "break" as black label said.
And go ahead and report me somebody for the C U N T thing, cuz if UG is run by moderators like that A S S, and some of the other ones I've seen, then I'd rather go to another site anyhow. You mods are just like the Police. You let that power get to your head.
Quote by Matt420740
And go ahead and report me somebody for the C U N T thing, cuz if UG is run by moderators like that A S S, and some of the other ones I've seen, then I'd rather go to another site anyhow. You mods are just like the Police. You let that power get to your head.
She isn't a moderator, you idiot.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Look Rulebreaker(?) There's a simple answer as to why there are specific threads for specific information... it's so that ****tards like you can get better answers than those provided by people that are looking for and/or are discussing something completely different.
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
Instead of letting this turn into a flame fest, we should probably correct his mistake and maybe answer his question since this thread doesn't look like it'll be deleted. Personally, I'd say just get a PA system. Most gig sites'll have mics for amps so if you just used an amp to sing through it might work but honestly you can't simulate how good a PA system would sound. If, during practice, you want an amp to sing through, you wouldn't be able to turn it up enough without blowing it out, I'm sure.
well allislost would youl like to look through pages and pages of threads looking for an answer or would you rather wait a few minutes for one of the hundreds of users looking at your post to answer you?

and if people read the post that i write in the first place they won't be bothering to answer with something "completely different." unless they're a complete ****tard.

also kwonnie you didn't "correct my mistake". you also failed to specify what my mistake was. i asked a simple f-ing question.
Just a quick note since people insist on continuing this thread: Continuing to post in a thread that has been reported will result in a warning. I strongly suggest all of you stop at once. This thread is both against the rules and consists largely of posts that are highly likely to result in the people who made them being banned. This thread will be closed as soon as the mods have a chance to respond to BGC's report, and everyone just needs to let it die.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
See what I mean? If there aren't moderators around trying to be the police, then you have wannabe mod's like Archeo Avis and bangoodcharlotte trying to be police. Report away little Mod Jr.'s. Maybe you'll get your badge someday.
If you don't want to buy a PA system - look at acoustic guitar amps. Many of them will have inputs for XLR Microphones as well.

Like this one: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fishman-Loudbox-100-Acoustic-Guitar-Amplifier?sku=480243
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
Quote by Matt420740
To heck with the "ONLY" threads. What gives someone the right to say this is the "ONLY" thread for that.

Someone wanting all the best advice in the same thread so it's always available?