Page 1 of 2
What are your opinions on people who date other people over MySpace/AIM/MSN who live miles apart from eachother?

Personally, I think it depends. If they met eachother before they moved away, I think it's ok. If they meet eachother online, I think it's rather sad.

Discuss.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Internet is just another way of communicating. There might be more mystery of a relationship online. I would never have a relationship online, because I can actually socialize with real people, and prefer the reality of dating lol
I agree with you TS. If the two met and dated irl for a while before one moves away or whatever, that's prefectly legit imo. If they meet online and "date" online for awhile before ever meeting, then that's the lowest of the low.
Quote by lzcougarz3
Nothing is hotter than runescape dating.

(Invalid img)

Oh yeah...

HA! One time in Runescape, me and my friend seriously stalked and complemented a female user for like fifteen minutes. Needless to say, she was freaked out.
For the people who are socially abhorred creatures, I see no problem with it. For the rest of us, get your asses out to a bar/party.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by lzcougarz3

Oh yeah...

LMAO

That's amazing.
this reminds me of when these two WOW players got married in the UK, and got a divorce because the guy's character was having an affair with the wife's character. in that case, internet relationships epically failed.
but a friend of mine is going out with a guy she met at a summer camp who lives about 40 minutes away. obviously the internet makes that relationship easier than driving 40 minutes.
I'm yet to see a relationship work that started out online. Except for one, but that was some family member who leads their nice little perfect life and found someone else who was living their own nice little perfect life on the internet, so as far as I'm concerned that's just more of an unimaginative convenience.
If you date over the net and never get to see each other it's laughable, unless you met prior to that and you have definite plans for reuniting. Sometimes people who have been together for a long while have to be apart for bit because of job situations and so on. BUT, If you're both 13 and living more than an hour away do yourselves a favor and end it. What good can possibly come from that situation?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
If you meet someone on the Internet and end up dating them, that's cool with me. If you go surfin' for dates, I'll think you're just as much a loser as the people looking around the real world for a date.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Rogue Hermit
this reminds me of when these two WOW players got married in the UK, and got a divorce because the guy's character was having an affair with the wife's character. in that case, internet relationships epically failed.
but a friend of mine is going out with a guy she met at a summer camp who lives about 40 minutes away. obviously the internet makes that relationship easier than driving 40 minutes.

40 minutes? That's not really a long distance relationship dude, that's pretty normal...
Everyone uses the internet to communicate now (except for old people).
Quote by Rogue Hermit

That's different. At least they met in real life first.
Meeting in real life before moving away or w/e, sure it works.
BUT on like friggin Maplestory or Runescape like that dude posted up there...pleaes, **** no.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
I really think dating someone met someone online is any more or less sad than dating someone you met at a bar. I'm really not into long distance relationships, but hey, whatever floats these peoples boats.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
unless the couple was together and one was away, but planned on coming back....i guess thats ok. Other than that, i think that people have selfconfidence issues, and instead of adressing them, they hide from thier problems
The Conservative youth of America!
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
40 minutes? That's not really a long distance relationship dude, that's pretty normal...

i guess 40 minutes isn't as much as a lot of people deal with. but for high schoolers it's somewhat long range .
"dating" someone online doesn't make sense. Meeting someone online, digging each other and then in the end making a go at it as a real couple.....nothing wrong with it.
Quote by Rogue Hermit
i guess 40 minutes isn't as much as a lot of people deal with. but for high schoolers it's somewhat long range .

Dude.... seriously? 40 minutes? High school kids go into town and stuff like that, and for most people those sorts of areas are around 40 minutes away from their houses. It's round about the same time it takes to get to school, and last time I checked high school kids did that fairly regularly.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Dude.... seriously? 40 minutes? High school kids go into town and stuff like that, and for most people those sorts of areas are around 40 minutes away from their houses. It's round about the same time it takes to get to school, and last time I checked high school kids did that fairly regularly.

My district is a walking district, I can walk from one side of town to the other in 20, maybe 30 minutes. And normal hangouts are around 10-20 minutes away (driving time).

But still, 40 minutes is quite reasonable.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Imo there isn't really a solid equivalent of dating online- you don't even see each other (apart from pics, which are most likely selected as the most flattering, attractive or shopped; in other words your partner may have a fug-a-mug). Really it's just words on a page, not much more.

I'm talking about meeting someone online and 'dating' via chat, it's an entirely different case if the people have met.
Quote by MyNameIsLame
My district is a walking district, I can walk from one side of town to the other in 20, maybe 30 minutes. And normal hangouts are around 10-20 minutes away (driving time).

But still, 40 minutes is quite reasonable.

Sorry, I thought you were the other dude. Ignore last comment.
Quote by MyNameIsLame
Dating Over The Internet

is not dating.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
So my best friend is dating some chick in Massachusetts (we live in Iowa), and he met her over the [adult swim] forums. They've been 'dating' since 2006 lol.
Quote by TheClincher
So my best friend is dating some chick in Massachusetts (we live in Iowa), and he met her over the [adult swim] forums. They've been 'dating' since 2006 lol.

Lol that's so weak.
i think its stupid
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
I dont think I could ever date someone over the Internet.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
I dont think I could ever date someone over the Internet.

Me neither. Athough a guy I used to go to church with met a girl on the internet and they eventually got married...so I guess it can work.

I'd just feel incredibly lame if I did. I can see meeting someone in your area online and then meeting and dating...but not being in an exclusively internet based relationship. I really hope I never get that desperate.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
My brother met his girlfriend on the internet. She's from Washington. Now she lives with us, and everyday I get closer to killing her or myself.

Therefore, I don't condone it.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by MyNameIsLame
What are your opinions on people who date other people over MySpace/AIM/MSN who live miles apart from eachother?

Personally, I think it depends. If they met eachother before they moved away, I think it's ok. If they meet eachother online, I think it's rather sad.

Discuss.

I actually totally agree. The only time it seems okay is if you use e-harmony or the like. Where you need proof of who you are and such.

Also, I can't believe I was sigged lol.
Quote by lzcougarz3

Oh yeah...

AL-KHARID IS WHERE ALL THE COOL KIDS HANG OUT.

Everyone knows that Lumbridge is where it's at, though.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182

fukk i hate old people.
Dating online is completely ridiculous!!!! Why would anyone want to date someone that they have never met in person. I don't know about all of you but I need to actually be able to hold and spend time with woman. The whole cybersex thing just doesn't do it for me, haha. Myspace is great for getting to know people or stay in touch I guess. I know people who have met online and they have married. Long distance relationships usually never work out.
Online dating = FAILURE
Quote by terrencemaddox
If you date over the net and never get to see each other it's laughable, unless you met prior to that and you have definite plans for reuniting. Sometimes people who have been together for a long while have to be apart for bit because of job situations and so on. BUT, If you're both 13 and living more than an hour away do yourselves a favor and end it. What good can possibly come from that situation?

Beecuz U get Teh NuDZZ pICZ

but on a more serious note i think msn and **** are the worst thing i couldve done for my social life when i was 13
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
I think it's perfectly fine if the people are happy. Often times people express themselves more online because it's an easier setting, so the two might get to know each other more personality wise than by going on actual dates.

Let people do what they want. I don't quite understand it, but if they're happy and it gives them hope then why not?

Whether it's good or bad, I think society is leaning more and more toward this type of dating, and it may actually become "accepted" in the near future.
Page 1 of 2