Share?

They can be friends of yours, or people who fix your gear when it breaks down or anything.
I'm just keen to see how many decent techs people know of.
I also read somewhere today that there aren't many amp techs left either.

There's a damn amazing tech in my town called Eugene. Works at a place called Direct Imports. They import all the Digitech, Jackson, Fender, Gretsch, Tascam, SKB, SWR and EVH head and cabs to New Zealand.

I'm sure there's actually nothing he can't really fix. He's a damn amazing player (guitar) as well. +he's a great guy to talk to. kind and he always shares his knowledge with you.

So who do you people know?
here in seattle there is a guy named T.G. Warren. he's a local legend to musicians. i have only gone to him once when my Peavey Classic 30. that guy is AMAZING. he's like at least 65 years old but he's really down to earth and he really knows his ****. ironically when i was searching for a tech and i chose him, i found that he lived a few blocks away from me
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Phil Petillo. he's a luthier here in Jersey that has worked/built guitars for everyone from Elvis to Bon Jovi to Meatloaf to the guy from Down. he has over 1000 patents in everything from special triangle frets, his own copper wound strings, fiber optics amp technology and soooo much more. The guy has his doctorate (I'm pretty sure) and like 3 different degrees. He made an eagle shaped bass guitar out of an old staircase from his house. His son is awesome as well.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Well its not an amp tech but this guy Mike Lull in Seattle is THE guy in the northwest for guitar repair/setup/everything else guitar related. Hes done everyone from deftones to alice in chains to pearl jam to eric clapton.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I always just head on down to Capital City Guitars in Olympia, WA, they have great and knowledgeable staff, always very helpful and willing to go the extra mile for you. They sell a lot of odd-ball brands and off-brand amps, it's a great store.

The luthiers and techs there are awesome, I believe they have two or three of those boys. Custom painting, set up, technical stuff, whatever you need. Thankfully, I've never had to do business with them yet, I've only talked to them.

There's also Music 6000 which is just as good, and they're all great guys, if you're nice enough they will lower their prices more then MF, and if you know them, even more!
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
In my area, i thankfully have three really good guys. For setups, and repairs on electric instruments is a guy named B Bennet, for amp repairs and mods you have Brian Doub, and for acoustic builds/repairs/mods you have Ward Elliot.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Glenn Morris, he`s a really cool guy and has worked on my Marshall JCM 900. if i could afford to buy an amp off him, if i ever start playing anything but Marshalls it`s gonna be Morris.

http://www.morrisamps.com/ thats his website if your intrested
Quote by signedinbloodnz
Share?

They can be friends of yours, or people who fix your gear when it breaks down or anything.
I'm just keen to see how many decent techs people know of.
I also read somewhere today that there aren't many amp techs left either.

There's a damn amazing tech in my town called Eugene. Works at a place called Direct Imports. They import all the Digitech, Jackson, Fender, Gretsch, Tascam, SKB, SWR and EVH head and cabs to New Zealand.

I'm sure there's actually nothing he can't really fix. He's a damn amazing player (guitar) as well. +he's a great guy to talk to. kind and he always shares his knowledge with you.

So who do you people know?

Bob Bradshaw (Wired my rig & custom built some components for me), & John Suhr (Restored my '65 Fender Super Reverb + a little mod )-- Two STELLAR legends.
me

&& My friend Sam.. hes awesome
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals