So, I'm due to give blood on the 11th (tomorrow).

However, I just toked on Friday (after going about... 4-5 weeks without it).

Will they test for pot? I've never given blood before :X.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
You're going to give a little child with leukemia a very happy time!
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Don't worry about it. SWIM asked and it's completely fine.

(by SWIM I mean it really wasn't me, I've never given blood)
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Naw nig
I've toked and given blood before, its all good.
Pot doesn't hurt you, why would it hurt anyone else?
ya dig?
A.) They shouldn't test for it because i'm 90% sure it doesn't matter.

B.) It can't hurt recipients. (90%)

C.) Even if they do care about it, I'm 100% sure they'll just say... "We can't take your blood"...

They won't care in a legal sense.
Quote by Code-E
Naw nig
I've toked and given blood before, its all good.
Pot doesn't hurt you, why would it hurt anyone else?
ya dig?

True, I was more worried about the whole "We found traces of marijuana in your blood.. we're gonna have a little talk with your parents/guidance counselor/principal"
Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM
They're in legal confidence. They can't say anything to anyone about it, but you should be totally honest with them. They ask a bunch of drug/sex questions, but it's only to make sure your blood is safe. I don't see how it would have any effect anyway.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
worst case scenario is that the blood will end up not getting used, that sort of information is confidential even if they do test for it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
I gave blood and I had massive amounts of THC in my system. You'll be fine, don't worry about it.

Should I make a link between your behaviour and your avatar?

(one of the things I MUST do is watching that movie while high)
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
no the most they would say im almost positive would be that they cant take it, because once again i may be wrong but im pretty sure that its not illegal to do the substance its just illegal to possess some kinda loophole like that anyway, if that was the case they would arrest everyone who went to a rehab clinic of their own accord
Quote by DirtyMakik
Should I make a link between your behaviour and your avatar?

(one of the things I MUST do is watching that movie while high)

Hahaha, my avatar's a good indicator.

Oh ****! I'm having two Hash cookies on Saturday, I just might watch it.
HAHAHA i gave blood for the first time the other week, because it was in the morning of my school day, and i got to miss classes...

anyways my point is... I was so ****ing ripped giving blood, it was cool... they dont ask/test for it/care... hell i think the nurses helping out were stoned too.
Brilliant. The worst thing that can happen is you give blood and some poor military member receives your THC-laced blood. They get selected for a random drug test and come up positive. Sure, they'll retest later on and come up negative, but for those few weeks, their career is on-the-line. Druggies.... All you guys can think about is getting high. Get high on life and music, not drugs.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Brilliant. The worst thing that can happen is you give blood and some poor military member receives your THC-laced blood. They get selected for a random drug test and come up positive. Sure, they'll retest later on and come up negative, but for those few weeks, their career is on-the-line. Druggies.... All you guys can think about is getting high. Get high on life and music, not drugs.

I see that you are a complete tool.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by KG6_Steven

Or, I can get high on life, music, and drugs and experience states of consciousness that many never do. That seems like the better option.

Even so, they don't ask, they don't care, meaning it's completely safe and okay by the Red Cross. If the employer questions someone, they have the forms that they were given blood and can easily explain themselves, provided it ever happens.
Quote by KG6_Steven

That's just not even close to how real life works.
Quote by KG6_Steven

i think we should donate more THC laced blood so we save the lives of more innocent soldiers.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
They test for disease and for drugs. It is standard procedure. They will still take your blood but once it comes up positive for drugs they will discard it.

I have been through this situation before, I would know.
Quote by KG6_Steven

First I would like to thank everyone for their resposnes. Gave blood fine, no questions about drug use asked.

Now for the quote...

I think about more than getting high. Marijuana isn't that hard of a drug, nor can you be addicted to it. Besides, not counting last Friday, it's been 2-3 weeks since I've last smoked. I have a good time without toking, but toking makes it that much better.

I'm not a druggy. Marijuana technically isn't even a drug. I believe it was the great Kat Williams that said something along the lines of "Weed ain't a drug. It's a plant, and if you just happen to set it on fire... there are some effects. Now aspirin on the otherhand, now that's a drug. They say it's harmless, but if you pop 13 of them mother****ers it'll be your last headache."
Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM
drug thread.
Quote by kaplac
congratulations?

you have my old avatar

it's ok, you can keep it ... for now
Sent from my iPad.