Alright I'm in Year 9 ATM (age 13/14s) and I'm taking advanced courses for next year (Year 10) Geography (Social Studies) and Science. If I take these (which I of course, will as I want to take every academic opportunity possible) I must take in Year 11 one of two subjects proceeding Geo and Sci:

Geography -> Economics OR History
Science -> Human Biology OR Physical Science

I'm not too clear on what these courses involve, but I knoe Human Biology involves dissection and stuff, and History is pretty much history (duh) and you need to write lots of essays which I'm okay with. Can you, Pit, make these courses clearer to me?
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
I took (micro)economics my 12th grade year, and had an amazing teacher.
I would definitely say go for economics. But I haven't taken any of those other classes except for History (US and World). But History was mandatory, as was Economics and Government.

EDIT: Oh, you wanted to know more about them?
Well the teacher I got did micro, and it was about choices I guess of individuals, like consumers, sometimes government (like state), and businesses and how that effects the economy.

It was only a semester so we didn't really get too far. We learned a hell of a lot about the stock market though, and he taught us a lot about loans, interest, and credit which definitely came in handy when it came to applying for student loans later that year.
Last edited by x_thurston_x at Dec 11, 2008,
Quote by x_thurston_x
I took (micro)economics my 12th grade year, and had an amazing teacher.
I would definitely say go for economics. But I haven't taken any of those other classes except for History (US and World). But History was mandatory, as was Economics and Government.

EDIT: Oh, you wanted to know more about them?
Well the teacher I got did micro, and it was about choices I guess of individuals, like consumers, sometimes government (like state), and businesses and how that effects the economy.

It was only a semester so we didn't really get too far. We learned a hell of a lot about the stock market though, and he taught us a lot about loans, interest, and credit which definitely came in handy when it came to applying for student loans later that year.

Mmm however this Economics is in Social Studies, and we have a seperate Economics which is in Business, I'm not sure if they are the same class and they merge or different?

Anyway i'm looking at Economics instead now that I think about it History will be quite useless in my future, and pretty much everyone's too (it is the past..). Not sure about Science though.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by hazardmaster
Mmm however this Economics is in Social Studies, and we have a seperate Economics which is in Business, I'm not sure if they are the same class and they merge or different?

Anyway i'm looking at Economics instead now that I think about it History will be quite useless in my future, and pretty much everyone's too (it is the past..). Not sure about Science though.

Well I mean you have awhile to choose.I'm sure you can ask the teacher for a syllabus or course description and weigh them against each other till you figure it out.

Besides I live in America so the curriculum is probably a lot different.
Econ is gay IMO, and I really like history...
I took economics thinking id like it, needless to say I dropped it VERY quickly, TS, it's so god damn boring.
Quote by tona_107
Econ is gay IMO, and I really like history...
I took economics thinking id like it, needless to say I dropped it VERY quickly, TS, it's so god damn boring.

What do you do in it though?

And actually I don't have a lot of time, I have about 3 hours til I go to sleep and hand in my choices tomorrow lol.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
I would take History, since historical economics are really dull, especially i you know what happened already.

Definitely go for physical science, Bio is boring and requires way too much mundane memorization. Physics is all practical and you get to do more application. Bio you'll probably do one or two dissections all year, and they aren't that satisfying.
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
Quote by hazardmaster

And actually I don't have a lot of time, I have about 3 hours til I go to sleep and hand in my choices tomorrow lol.

My mistake, I thought you were saying two years from now you were going to take these classes.
Quote by hazardmaster

i don't even know.
you talk about REAL BORING common sense type ****.
a lot of it is just definitions, and analyzing supply curves.
Alright ty Pit, I think I will go with Physical Science and Economics but I will of course see what my friends are doing first
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT