Page 1 of 4
this is a metal concert (born of osiris, after the burial, etc)
Is it normal or part of the music enviornment to be so aggressive with other people while moshing? I know the pushing is ok and accidental punches can be forgiven but is it normal to be grabbed and thrown down while moshing?

It was my first metal show and i was moshing pretty good. i was punching towards the floor and on my way back im doing it and some big frat boy, who was also moshing, bumps or walks up to me, grabs me and throws me to the ground in front of the whole crowd and everyone's saying oh. I just got up and moshed my way back into the crowd.

wtf was that about.
im guessing if you take a look at my pic it will explain but I dont want to pull any cards/tricks even though my friend suggested that was the reason.
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
Their are those kind of people at every show you will ever go to. You might as well get used to it.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Yeah, you handled that perfectly. Don't try to start a fight in a mosh, people who do that sh!t are annoying.
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
That guy is an idiot. Recently at a local battle of the bands, this guy was punching everyone for no reason and he got thrown out, and just before he left, my friend punched him back in the face - it was cool.
Quote by DyingToLive623
No,
People are supposed to pick you up if you're on the ground, not push you down.

Being nice and helping people off the ground is part of Mosh Etiquette.
Quote by JC13
Props to you for not starting anything up and being mega-brootal-tough-guy.

so you're saying that i'm not an uber 733t kvlt br00tle shred head? i always thought that picking on kids that are smaller than you made you metal.
When you say metal do you mean real metal or metalcore/hardcore stuff.

If its the latter then expect people to be dicks.
Quote by JC13
That's not normal, that's just some guy being a dick. You're correct, pushing and stuff is expected, but.. Yeah, someone was just being a douchebag. Props to you for not starting anything up and being mega-brootal-tough-guy.

No, he should have punched the guy in the back of the head.

But I'm surprised the people around you didn't do anything, usually the majority of the population in a mosh pit is very kind/helpful.
Everyone in the pit just wants to shove eachother, but no one wants to get hurt, so I'm surprised that no one helped you out.
Quote by DyingToLive623
No,

Quote by dudius
Being nice and helping people off the ground is part of Mosh Etiquette.

Yes.
Quote by mr.happyman
so you're saying that i'm not an uber 733t kvlt br00tle shred head? i always thought that picking on kids that are smaller than you made you metal.

No, that means you personally embody a falice.

Which is my fancy way of saying you're a dick

Use that on stupid people, it's hilarious
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
Usually metalheads are a kind people who will push you and whatnot but if you fall the normally help you up
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Shukman_Jr
No, that means you personally embody a falice.

Which is my fancy way of saying you're a dick

Use that on stupid people, it's hilarious

are you questioning my manliess/metalness because fyi, i have a HUGE truck that isn't compensating for anything (really, it's not).
Quote by jetfuel495
oh thats it! thats it mother****er, im kicking your ass!!! you loud stupid asshole! ILL KILL YOU!!!

*murderface approaches*

WHATS THE ****S DO YOU WANTS?

Hey dude, what's...what's going on?
Quote by DyingToLive623
No,

this
someone has been breakin the rules
time for a lynchin
Dick+strings= owww
I always got annoyed if there was any moshing when I was playing. I insisted on ball room dancing or nothing.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Is it normal that people are assholes? Absolutely. Most bands that aren't assholes themselves will stop the show if they someone that needs help.
Yeah that guy sounds like a douche.

There was some guy at the Slipknot/Machine Head gig a month or two back who was just standing there with his arms crossed over his chest; sort of like how they do it in Dragon Ball Z to stop one of those energy ball attack things. Whenever some one came near him he just pushed them away, straight away. His face was so funny because it was crinkled as if he was concentrating really, really hard.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
That's lame bro, and definitely not considered acceptable, but there are always some douche bags who try to ruin everyone's fun. That's just how it is, sadly.
Quote by LadyHellraiser
Metal?

yeah after looking those bands up I thought the same thing.

Actually, more intense violence is generally considered acceptable at hardcore shows. This is because the hardcore scene is filled with idiotic meatheads.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
That's when you punch the guy in the face in the middle of "hardcore dancing". Blame it on that anyway.
Quote by Banana Man
this is a metal concert (born of osiris, after the burial, etc)
Is it normal or part of the music enviornment to be so aggressive with other people while moshing? I know the pushing is ok and accidental punches can be forgiven but is it normal to be grabbed and thrown down while moshing?

It was my first metal show and i was moshing pretty good. i was punching towards the floor and on my way back im doing it and some big frat boy, who was also moshing, bumps or walks up to me, grabs me and throws me to the ground in front of the whole crowd and everyone's saying oh. I just got up and moshed my way back into the crowd.

wtf was that about.
im guessing if you take a look at my pic it will explain but I dont want to pull any cards/tricks even though my friend suggested that was the reason.

1. You shouldn't have been hXc dancing.
2. He was a douche for pushing you down.
3. You shouldn't have been hXc dancing.
4. Reread 1 and 3

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
1. You shouldn't have been hXc dancing.
2. He was a douche for pushing you down.
3. You shouldn't have been hXc dancing.
4. Reread 1 and 3

I'll quote this to make sure TS reads it.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Honestly Hardcore Dancing is pointless to partcipate in I watch people do it at metal shows and you look stupid while doing it
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
You got pushed down because you were hardcore dancing.
Hardcore dancing is not for Metal Gigs, It annoys Metalheads
/Thread
Moshing is very gay. The only reason I've ever moshed is to physically hurt the people that I showed up with.
Quote by TeeksBass
/Thread

This!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by TeeksBass
/Thread

but he was at a metalcore show...
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
but he was at a metalcore show...

but the metal guys will still think it's stupid and push him down. It wasn't like a bullet for my valentine show, with bands like after the burial there will be some "true" kids there.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
but the metal guys will still think it's stupid and push him down. It wasn't like a bullet for my valentine show, with bands like after the burial there will be some "true" kids there.

This Also
Quote by Banana Man

yeah don't do that, if you seriously thought it was because you're black you're just as much as a douche-bag as the jock..

..jocks will be jocks, just ignore it if it ever happens again.

just remember, you sleep sound at night while he cries himself asleep because his daddy doesn't love him and his **** is 2 sized too small
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Yeah that's not on, dosen't matter if it's metal or hardcore or whatever. Suprised nobody stepped up to help you out, I'd lose my **** if some douche started chucking people havin a good time to the floor
HI
WTF? Are you guys for-serious? Dude, I thought that Metallica, Pantera, Megadeth, and Misfits were just being nice when they said Alaska had the most hardcore mosh pits, but we are super brutal in our moshes, like, punching, kicking, Deathfist, fistykins, shove downs,Deathwalls, Bravehearts, and Chili Bowls. I just always thought that was what moshing was... Honestly, I'm a little dissappointed it's not that way everywere.
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
Page 1 of 4