i need some help with my old tube combo. its a univox from the late 60s or early 70s.

anyway i just bought this from my friend for 25 bucks (good deal if you ask me) anyway while playing it gets staticy, sometimes no sound comes out at all.

can anyone tell me whats wrong and if its worth even getting fixed.
what cable are u using?
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
i know its not the cable cus i dont have a problem with it on my other amps

it could be the tubes, how can i tell.
defo check the tubes and fuses. maybe check and see if it could be your guitar too. and the cable borrow a friends amp and cable and see if it does the same things. trial and error may take some time but you do usually end up finding the solution to a problem.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
i bought a 1975 peavey classic, and it had the same problem as yours. it had a blown power tube, so you probably want to check that out.
you might want to check what color the tubes are glowing
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
It could be the control pots too. Try cleaning them first, that's cheaper than tubes. Or a gound issue, a good amp tech should be able to check it out and tell you.
Its a power tube, change the fuse while you are at it, try looking for same model tubes..otherwise a rebias is due.
would change the whole set of tubes..i have just done that, i think they need breaking in, but they are damn sweet as they are now!!!
was all fizzy and kept going quiet when playing..very noticeable sound though!
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
they are glowing blue and red

are the tubes mismatched or all from the same set? what type are the power tubes?

as far i know they should generally be glowing the same color if their all the type same and from the same set.

then again tube color can vary and im not too knowledgable about that
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Blue glow is fine. but if the plates (note: not heater filament) are red (or have red spots or patches on them) then it's a sign of bad power tubes.