hi, ive been playing guitar for almost a year and a half now. ive got most of the basics down, can play 12 bar blues, starting to **** around with metal. i decided i want to learn a bit of jazz, to improve my musical theory/knowledge. what artists/songs should i listen to/ learn. - or are there any sites that help people like me understand how to make jazz chords, etc? thank you
all of this can be found with a simple google search. What are you really looking for? Some simple way that will enable you to play Jazz?
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
listen to Django Reinhardt (think it's spelt right), he was an early jazz player with only two fingers. he inspired tony iommi, and also Dave Murray i think, among others.
Quote by allislost
Some simple way that will enable you to play Jazz?

Correct me if i am wrong but does that exist.
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
Quote by baylewis
Correct me if i am wrong but does that exist.

HA. OF course.

But the information can be easily obtain with a google search like "Jazz Chords"

Quote by allislost
But the information can be easily obtain with a google search like "Jazz Chords"

There are no such thing as "jazz chords". Jazz is one of the most theoretically complex genres in Western music; learning to play it even competently takes a lot of experience and a lot of study.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
A "Jazz chord" search will give you pages with commonly used chords used within Jazz songs.

I've learned alot after doing that kind of search and now i can understand Jazz progressions

I even got a link that takes me back into UG.

Quote by allislost
A "Jazz chord" search will give you pages with commonly used chords used within Jazz songs.

I've learned alot after doing that kind of search and now i can understand Jazz progressions

I even got a link that takes me back into UG.

Again, there is no such thing. There no chord exclusive to jazz, and there is no chord that will magically give you a jazz sound. Jazz as a genre is defined by far more than just chords. The chords are nearly irrelevant.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
You're right, but knowing your commonly used chords within most Jazz songs is the first step into the genre of Jazz

You'd be surprised as to what you can learn outside of UG.

You're right, but knowing your commonly used chords within most Jazz songs is the first step into the genre of Jazz

Actually the first step would be improvisation. The second...would just depend on what kind of jazz you want to play. You could abandon chords entirely if you wanted do. Memorizing a few 7th chords will not help you in the slightest, at least not if you're just starting out.
How is knowing 7th chords not helpful? It's a process in which each step takes time to understand and to commit to memory. knowing 7th's is a good first step.