Sure, I don't see why it wouldn't be a good axe for a starter, but you probably won't be happy with it for long. For the price though, its hard to beat.
bump
Life is like a box of choclates, ya' never know whats coming next.
I agree good start but the amp will leave you wanting more
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
If I were you and you're serious, I'd spend more (aka no pack) and get slightly better equipment even if it's more.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
bump
Great starter guitar.... it seems you have been playing a while though, seeing as you have a band already....

Do you own an amp already? If so, what?

Do you own a guitar already? If so, what?

If you DO own a guitar, then I would honestly look into an amp more than a new guitar.... a good amp will make a HUGE difference in tone vs. a new guitar.
is £130 your budget?
'cos if I were you i would save up £200, get a £150 guitar and a £50 amp.
You can get a decent ish squire for £150
a good Cort
an ibanez (how evermuch i hate them)
an Epiphone
A Vintage (good stuff)
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Don't do it!
It's aweful, the amp is s**t, the guitar is pretty s**t too, the action is terrible, and if you try to lower it you get major fret buzz, and the pickups are annoying.
Don't get it, don't get the guitar and amp together, then you can get a decent beginners guitar and a decent amp that'll both last longer. I've got this pack so I know what I'm talking about. I've had it for over a year now and I got a new amp a year after exactly (got the pack and the amp on birthdays) and I'm now looking to get a new guitar, this one is actually making playing some stuff difficult due to the high action. I don't like the scale either, the strings feel very loose, not like a guitar should feel like. So yeah, there's my advice!

Any other questions about it feel free to ask

EDIT: as the guy above me said, a Vintage guitar would be great, a friend of mine has one and he uses it more than any of his other guitars which include an epiphone les paul custom, which is about £500 now, while the vintage he has is only £150.
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
soz bout bumping didnt think id get reported soz,
thanks for the advice, iv'e seen a couple of vintages and was thinking of buying a vintage zip and mabye just a cheap g4m 15w amp for practice, thanks for advice one again,.
no i dont own an amp i only own a tanglewood acoustic (not sure what model)
If your band includes a drummer, 15w solid state is not going to cut it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yea, gotta watch the bumping. Some of these guys on here are wannabe moderators, and they report everything. Just like a nark for the police.
You'll find in the UK the decent beginners guitars (guitar only no amp) are around the £150 mark. If you read reviews and get a good one a £150 guitar is alot better than a guitar costing £100 or less. They sound better and are easier to play. For about £50 extra you get alot more guitar.

The first electric guitar I bought cost £80 and it was OK as a starter guitar but after only a few months I upgraded to an electric guitar that cost £170 which is much easier to play and sounds alot better. For band practice you would probably want something louder than a microcube as the drums could drown it out.
the amp is for like me practice (without band) my mates got a 70w amp witch is what i am going to use
cheers for the advice i might buy a vintage zip theres alot of good reviews on that
bump
I started on that package, but I had a worse amp. Nothing wrong with it at all, I miss mine so bad . But for the money, look for a used Vintage v100, probably set you back £130 ish and it's miles better then the strat..
bump
wtf? i was bumping so more people could comment, its not like i bump every 5 mins
bump
Dude you've been warned bumping. Just stop it for ****'s sake! At least pretend your saying something when you put it back up, just don't be so ****ing obvious!
Quote by ov123
wtf? i was bumping so more people could comment, its not like i bump every 5 mins

GTFO, no the post isnt every five mins, this post was 1 mins. and you can only bump once every 24 hours, plus you triple posted like 3 times! *reported*
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss