Page 1 of 5
I just saw an article on the BBC News website:

Three weeks after 17-year-old Henry Bolombi was killed, Louis Boduka - or Usher - was stabbed through the heart. In February, 16-year-old Iyke Nmezu was attacked and died in hospital. All three were reported to be members of a gang.
This BBC investigation has been told that there are two main gangs operating together in Edmonton: one is Dem Africans or the Green Gang and the other is its cadet force, the Grey Gang or Grey City.
And one of the ways they communicate is on the internet. In an examination of more than 125 social networking sites, we identified scores of gang members.
Video clips taken on mobile phones and posted on various sites include, for instance, a picture of young man stripped to the waist, wielding a knife. He slaps an eight inch blade into the palm of his hand, issuing threats: "You mark me, I'm gonna catch you...blood clot, that's what I'm saying...going straight through ya belly."
The names of the three murdered teenagers come up again and again - as do threats. "It ain't over…someone is dying on behalf of Usher…keep watching the news…revenge is sweet - trust. Dem Afrikanz DA all day."
And another: "Love to all my restin family - Black H - Usher - Iyke. Believe me it's not over."
It mirrors real life on the estates of Edmonton. On New Year's Day, 18-year-old Henri Bolombi was stabbed to death.

"You get less sentence killing some one with a knife than using a gun - so what's the point? "
Gang insider

A gang 'can offer them the love'
Speaking to gang members is not easy. One contact who we met was later accosted in a park in the heart of Edmonton and was warned from speaking to me, after a gun was held to his head.
Another gang member with inside knowledge was prepared to speak, because, he says, the violence has escalated out of control with too many "boys" dying. He says the threats made by gang members to avenge the killing of fellow gang members should not be taken lightly. "I will say it's something - more of a promise," he says.

Full Article: London Gangs

Now, I knew gang crimes have been getting worse in the UK, but I had no idea it was as serious as this. Sounds like something from the Godfather. In my area there are a few 'gangs' but they don't do much, just fight occasionally and graffiti, but they're all wasters anyway.
Are there any gangs in your area, or have you been affected by anything like this before?
RULE BRITANNIA
None that I can recall, a few biker gangs etc., nothing too drastic.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Here in Detroit we have the usual Bloods and Crips, but we also have a few Mexican gangs like Suernos, Nortenos, and 18th Street. I'm sure there are more, smaller gangs around.
Few small gangs made up of mostly polish and turkish immigrants. A few that grow weed in rented houses as well. Not an awful lot of trouble off them but they explode every now and then, not that it's reported in the news.

Then of course you have the resident chav gangs that go around beating people as a gang cause they are all pussies.
Quote by filthandfury
Fishermead Terror Squad

The gangs in Scotland are usually called 'teams', and the main gang at our school was about 20 people who used to call themselves the 'Pivvy Posse', but the police told them they aren't allowed to have a posse so they changed their name to The Forres Youth Team =/

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

The gangs in Scotland are usually called 'teams', and the main gang at our school was about 20 people who used to call themselves the 'Pivvy Posse', but the police told them they aren't allowed to have a posse so they changed their name to The Forres Youth Team =/

Do firms count as gangs?

Because MK Dons supposedly have a firm made up of about fifteen twelve year olds, and they call themselve's the "MK Youth"

So many little wannabe gangsters around here.
Uh, in the south-eastern suburbs, we have the 317 boys... I know heaps of guys who are 317 boys. Also, my cousin is in the Oakleigh Wogs. But he's a dick, and there aren't any guys who will protect him when he ends up in jail. So, my soon to be imprisoned/dead cousin is in a fairly notorious gang... and he isn't even a wog.

Don't ya love gang banger mentality?

Sanity is not statistical
I hate gangs with a passion. Especially when they take on a single person as a group. It's disgusting and cowardly, but they use it to show how tough they are. Makes me think they're pussies one on one. A guy in a gang tried to take me on one on one and I beat him hard. I was chased by half a dozen of them later that week. I was lucky I was faster than they are though.
None in my town, but in the town I go to school in, people from my school are making these little gangs and thinking they're so cool... Chyeah, until a gang from the neighbouring town gets bored.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Zero-Hartman
None that I can recall, a few biker gangs etc., nothing too drastic.

Lucky
RULE BRITANNIA
^ That's the 73rd Ave. Mongols, vicious bastards them.
Quote by filthandfury
Do firms count as gangs?

Because MK Dons supposedly have a firm made up of about fifteen twelve year olds, and they call themselve's the "MK Youth"

So many little wannabe gangsters around here.

Gang mentality I guess. The government doesn't know shit about how to prevent gang culture. We didn't have any firms, are they specifically fans of a particular team?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Gang mentality I guess. The government doesn't know shit about how to prevent gang culture. We didn't have any firms, are they specifically fans of a particular team?

Yeah, lots of big teams have a firm, basically just a gang of supporters that rival firms of other teams.
I live in the middle of Wisconsin (northern midwest united states for those who don't know) in a town of 24,000 people. We don't have gangs, but there are plenty of people who think that they're in one. For instance, I once personally witnessed five asians wearing baggie ass blue jeans, plain white shirts, and red bandanas jump out of...

wait for it...

wait for it...

a minivan. Epic lols were had, within earshot of the "bloods". They walked away like little girls.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Quote by filthandfury
Yeah, lots of big teams have a firm, basically just a gang of supporters that rival firms of other teams.

Green Street ftw

Yea, no firms as such. Rangers and Celtic are the rivalry up north, and both teams co-existed peacefully in and out of school, so we're lucky in that aspect I guess.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
A town near me is knows as 'The Toon' and it has a gang called 'The Toon Mad Squad' - we also have the 'Annan Mad Posse', 'The Castle Douglas Young Team' and 'The Lincluden Young Team' - They all abbreviate the names too sound cooler, LYT, CDYT, AMP, TMS etc.
RULE BRITANNIA
There's a gang coming up in Adelaide called the "FFK" or "F2K" or something. No idea what it stands for, but they're meant to be pretty insane.
I'd never heard of them before the other day, but they seem to be taking over Adelaide pretty quickly.
Member of the Laney Cult
nah none in my neck of the woods in sydney
theres all the cool kids in a "gang"
but all they do is beat up the odd kid and graffiti
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by JaykeSucks
There's a gang coming up in Adelaide called the "FFK" or "F2K" or something. No idea what it stands for, but they're meant to be pretty insane.
I'd never heard of them before the other day, but they seem to be taking over Adelaide pretty quickly.

****in Feral Kunts? First thing that came into my head when I saw that name

Sanity is not statistical
Here in my town we only have one major one.....MPLSX13! Moorpark Lokos 13
We have quite a lot of "Latin Kings" over here in the city where i live. They wont do anythin to foreigners, but they´ll kick your guts out if you look at them for too long...
Quote by LaT3raluS
We have quite a lot of "Latin Kings" over here in the city where i live. They wont do anythin to foreigners, but they´ll kick your guts out if you look at them for too long...

RULE BRITANNIA
17 soldiers, wolfpack, berk boys. At least they're creative with names
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I live in Slough, ain't a nice place to live but I don't think there's the serious gang culture like in London... there's the Nothboro Boys, they're pretty vicious, came and f*cked up a few people at a party I was at t'other day. Apart from that there's a few other Somalian and white Irish or Polish gangs, but they mainly keep to themselves and their own turf wars. Most of Slough's been cleaned up a lot, specially areas like Manor Park an that, I don't see a serious organized crime presence, tho obviously everyone aged 12-17 thinks they're in a gang and go an tag everywhere in sight.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
Just groups of friends that feel like getting high on crime.

Back home we just have some teenagers that bust into cars and wiggers who smoke weed and make hollow threats.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.

Nooo, no way.

Back in Norrköping there are some biker gangs, but eh, they've never affected med in the least. You've just got to be careful who you talk to.
where I live .. me and me friends must be the most dangerous gang around
and we're called cheap bear crew so that won't hurt anybody

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Oh yeah, some of the gangs in the UK are scary. If you YouTube the right terms you can sometimes see it for yourself.
Gangs are a serious prob in newport... Asians, Somalians, Yardies, Jammies, Pill Maffia, The Moscow, Alway Crew, Ringland Crew, Duffryn Clan... The list goes on and on.

two years ago Lemmy Bullock was stabbed to death with a katana outside a pub in Pill over a drugs conflict with asians.
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Theres a few gangs in my area which is crazy because it's actually a really small area

The dongy boys - probably the biggest around
The Possums - everyone makes fun of them
NEHC - North east hard core, pretty hated all around
KAC - Kill all coons, involved in the most violence
KMF - Krazy mother ****ers, against the dongy boys and the KAC
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
we've got all of that usual small stuff , 12 - 15 year old kids thinking they're large. Basically the only major gang i know of within a 50km radius is the bra boys.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
c/wood young team, a group of 12-18 year old neds who spend there time graffiting there laughable gand name on bridges and starting fights with other "young teams"
They think they are modern day gangsters
I think they give our town some comic relife
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by Cyanide176
Paramilitaries, too many to list

The real IRA, the provisional IRA.. The low fat IRA..

The I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-The-IRA..
I'm a housing commission kid, and seriously, if you aren't in a gang you're not going to survive around here. Walking around with a hood on if the only smart thing to do because it looks like you're in a gang.

Housing commission sucks so much.
Quote by Cyanide176
Paramilitaries, too many to list

Hey there are different views on both sides of the barrier...

And besides its the UVF who are the real prob now.
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
There's lots of gangs here. Couple of days ago some guy got shot in the face. The only reason I don't like living here is the gangs.
H e l l o .
Page 1 of 5