Yeah, I know, they're not called SGs in Epiphone.

Are they any good?
A bunch of dudes from school uses an Epiphone SG.

Some said it was a better quality guitar than the Epiphone les pauls...
the g-400 is a really nice guitar and quite good for the money. however you may want to change out the pick-ups in it.

g-310 isn't so good but it is cheaper, although your better off saving for the g-400.
the g-310 hasn't got as good wood, hardware or pick-ups and the upper fret accesss is rubbish because its got a bolt-on neck

the g-400 is a nice guitar though and good quality.
also a lot cheaper than the lps.
i dont know quite so much about the lesp aul because i've only played gibson les pauls.
which i am fortunate are all nice ones not the shoddy ones that somehow pass quailty control
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Just go with what will make you more popular ;]
epiphone sg with a Gibson sticker over the top
Lovely jubberly!
I got a G-400 (left handed) for incredibly cheap, and love it. It's so beautiful, and sounds great.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
I got the G-400 1966 reissue and it says SG on the trussrod cover. it is a pretty nice guitar, but am actually really wanting an epiphone les paul standard plus. the g-400 is going to be better than the les paul 100, les paul studio, and les paul special II, but I think it has a lot of the same specs as the les paul standard. I think g-400 is like the standard of the sg's for epiphone.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
400 s.g I got one.. I put in Duncans changed tuners too Gotoh,s and the troggle switch also replaced the pots.. and now this s.g is badass...If you try out a couple and see what sounds better too you..the s.g or les paul?
I LIKE them both..but got an S.G..why!!! the feel!!!

I got the g400 ^ and it plays great id recommend it however if you wanna achieve a decent metal tone (if you play metal). Youll probably need to switch out the pups.
another G-400 endorsement here, I love mine but as mentioned will probably swap out the pups, just need to decide if it'll be SD Jazz/JB combo or a pair of SD 59's
I picked up a new Tony Iommi Epi for $416 and the only thing i've done to it other than beat on it like it owes me money is change the stock grover machine heads to locking ones- This guitar kicks ass
I will say this with as much kindness as I possibly can.

Epiphone Les Paul > Epiphone SG
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
And I hope I'm equally as kind when I say

thats a crock =), it's all down to preference.

When I spent my time finding my guitar I tried nearly everything in the store that was in my price range and a little above and below it as well and none of the LP's felt right to me and the SG shape just felt so much better for me.

When it came to the LP single cutaway shape, my personal favorite was the Ibanez Art300, that was Really nice.
I always describe the SG as a tone that sits between the LP and the Strat.
It's got the harshness but also the smooth creamy touch to it.

With the SG you get a little more freedom higher on the neck...but it will seem
top heavy at first. If you play an explorer for a while, you wont even notice the
weight anymore though. Another plus is the guitar strap sitting in the middle of
the back of the body. You can use it to get into a lot of positions and make things
more comfortable.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
I like the sound of SGs, but not the shape. A friend of mine who is damn good at guitar has one, and was going to get a Gibson Les Paul Studio, but opted to keep his SG instead. He's a fan so I take him at his word. I use an Epi Les Paul myself and I love it.
I bought a Epi G-400 about two months ago and traded it on about a week and a half after i got it. I got a factory B-stock or "2nd/Used" whichever you prefer, for 175$ at my local music shop. The blemish was a small nick on the bottom of the guitar not even noticeable. Anyway i guess the only thing i didn't like was the pups. I a/b'ed it with my Fat Strat (MIM) it could hold a candle to my Fender. Also the rosewood seemed a little cheap and rough. But for 175$ i guess i couldn't complain.
Dude I have an Epi Iommi SG and an Epi Les Paul Standard Plus and I absolutely LOVE the Iommi SG, just get a good strap because it is a bit neck heavy. Les Paul vs SG is always a personal preference thing, for me SG wins. Man try to save a bit extra for the Iommi one. Awesome pickups, all black hardware, Cross fret inlays, 24 frets with excellent access to all 24 (cant get that on a Les Paul) , wicked..
Akridosity, that is one sick looking SG. I would love to know what all of the controls do.
Quote by knackers69
Dude I have an Epi Iommi SG and an Epi Les Paul Standard Plus and I absolutely LOVE the Iommi SG, just get a good strap because it is a bit neck heavy. Les Paul vs SG is always a personal preference thing, for me SG wins. Man try to save a bit extra for the Iommi one. Awesome pickups, all black hardware, Cross fret inlays, 24 frets with excellent access to all 24 (cant get that on a Les Paul) , wicked..

man a toni iommi sg sounds awesome.
I actually love the les pauls over sgs for their designs and the fact that Page and Slash uses them, but it's just too damn heavy