Hey guys. i'm an intermediate-advanced player that is looking for an upgrade from my ibanez rg170dx. i am looking for a guitar that preferably has a locking trem. I play metal like lamb of god, disturbed, trivium, soad, etc and am looking for a guitar suitable for that style. My budget is around the $1000 aus dollar mark, max of around 1.4 (preferably lower). I LUV EMG HUMBUCKERS ASWELL.

So please reccommend as many as you can!

thanks!
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Last edited by SOADriff at Dec 11, 2008,
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
billy hyde is selling jackson dk2m's for $999 au

+1 sort of, but not from BH. Get a dinky from somewhere else preferably 2nd hand, I have seen them retail cheaper elsewhere
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
According to my Kosmic Sound catalogue you can get a PRS SE Custom for $1300 if you can afford extra. If not get an Ibanez SAS36FM for $999. You can also get a Fender Standard Strat HSS for $869.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
i also play metal..heavy stuff yeh, and ive got the ibanez rgr420ex, its a new model (wen i say that i mean start of this year) and its awesome..kosmic sound in perth are selling it for $795 which is $200 off =]
The only recommendation for a guitar is one you like, one you enjoy playing and one you like the sound of...

Simple Really

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
^ +1

though u might wanna rethink what active pickups in general do. cos all of them make the same tone... unless u wanna sound like the other players who use EMG's then go for it.

ESP's are good/ only guitars with EMG's under $1000

EDIT : I think....

i dont really look for guitars with EMG's/ active pups
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
Last edited by kai2demax at Dec 11, 2008,
high end schecters are really good... ex: the Devil Custom. it ain't that expensive, but its very very good...
Could probably get a Gibson SG for that if you really pushed it but the neck tends to be heavier than the body!