ok my friend wants me to get him a bass and amp, with €300 being his budget.

I can order ONLY from the website im linking to....

heres what I came up with anyway....

MM copy

Line6 LD15

I know nothing of the world of bass, and because his budget is very restricting, i cant really see much else.... anyone have any suggestions/comments?

quick as ya can please
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

ibanez gsr300 and acoustic amp
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Inanez GSR200 and a cheap Ashdown.

remember guys, there is no Acoustic Amplification in the British Isles.
but in addition, what does he play?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Guys, if he wants an amp that isn't a 10W limp noodle with a 6" speaker, I think the GSR200 is out of his league...

Can anyone comment on Harley Benton stuff? If that a Thomann house brand? It's looking like they might be his best bet.

Without knowing that:

Peavey Millennium 4 BXP (better than the GSR200 IMO)
and
Laney RB1
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 11, 2008,
I got, on the website, a squire standard p-bass and a warwick blue cab 15b for 319 EU, or just under 300 GBP. But that amp will not do for anything other than practice.

Mutant corn is right, the choice is between a decent starter bass and a decent starter amp, unless Harley Benton is good quality.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
gsr200 and practice line ashdown
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by the humanity
Inanez GSR200 and a cheap Ashdown.

Quote by CaptainJack666
gsr200 and practice line ashdown

Do you guys not understand that he can't afford that? If he gets that bass and the CHEAPEST available Ashdown, it'll be €369 (read: €69 over budget), and he'll have a wimpy amp. Quit giving out pre-recorded responses and help the man, will you? Right now we're waiting on someone to comment on the quality of Harley Benton.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Do you guys not understand that he can't afford that? If he gets that bass and the CHEAPEST available Ashdown, it'll be €369 (read: €69 over budget), and he'll have a wimpy amp. Quit giving out pre-recorded responses and help the man, will you? Right now we're waiting on someone to comment on the quality of Harley Benton.

i didnt notice it was Euros, my mistake
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by CaptainJack666
i didnt notice it was Euros, my mistake

this.

hmmm.

used Ibanez GSR?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
thanks for all the input guys.

i think ill go for the

Peavey Millennium 4 BXP (better than the GSR200 IMO)
and
Laney RB1

for him.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX