Hey, I have a question for everyone. I know there's a relationship thread, but it looks to be dead, so I thought I would just post my own thread, and see what happens. So here goes.

My names Josh. I'm 18, out of high school, and looking to get started on the rest of my life. I'm a good guy, a caring friend, and overall a pretty easy guy to get along with. I've dated alot of women, and I'd like to think I understand them pretty well. I have alot of female friends(mostly because I was raised by women and therefore I can sometimes relate to them quite a bit), and sometimes the choices they make really piss me off. I've got alot of really cool chick friends who are dating assholes who don't care about them. Now, we've all heard women love assholes, but some of the guys I've been introduced to are real pieces of work.

So my main question is, what is it about women that makes it to where they can be totally rational when dealing with other issues in life, but when it comes to men they make some of the most retarded decisions? Here's a situation that really highlights this, and it actually has to do with me.

About a year ago, a friend from work(her name is Tjauni), introduced me to her friend*Amber). Well, me and Amber hit it off REALLY well. We went to the movies, talked on the phone a bit, and I could just generally tell we really gelled. Anyhow, I made a really stupid decision(chose a total slut over her), and now a year later, I'm really feeling it. I still talk to Tjauni, because we've been good friends since freshman year of high school. About a week ago I went to where I use to work to hang out with her on her break, and she was telling me about what Amber has been up to. She's been working on her GED, but besides that has had a really hard problem getting her life on track. She's dealing with alot of family issues(a bit too personal for me to delve into), and she really needs to get out of the apartment she shares with her parents. So the night before last, Tjauni, her boyfriend(Nick:cool guy), Amber, and I go out to the movies and dinner, and things are going great. After dinner though, we had to stop by Nick's place so he could get something, and a guy that Amber has been hooking up with was there(he is Nick's brothers friend.). Him and Amber talk for a second, hug, and she gets back in the car. So when me and Tjauni were alone she told me about the guy. He's 23, didn't graduate high school, and is generally a loser. I guess Amber is hung up on him for some reason, and it bugs me alot. I really care about Amber. She's probably one of the sweetest girls I've ever met. I would love to be dating her and get her away from her family and just give her the life I know she deserves. I just hate this because I think I'm 10x better for her than that dickweed is. I'm at least decent looking, I have a job, my own apartment, and will be attending college soon. So what is it that makes this guy so much better.

What adds to all this is the fact that I have other girls VERY interested in me, yet I seem to always want the unattainable. Is this some sort of disease? Hahahahaha

Sorry for the wall of text. Advise would be much appreciated.
I wouldn't say they make retarded decisions unless you've got a good clue about all the variables, their background, e.t.c.

Take it to the relationship thread.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
There's nothing you can do. The girl you like will choose a total twat over you 90%. Us nice guys need a break

Edit: Well, there are things you can do, but i was speaking in generalities.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by jbridge90
What adds to all this is the fact that I have other girls VERY interested in me, yet I seem to always want the unattainable. Is this some sort of disease? Hahahahaha

this is no disease at all... this happens to 95% of all guys
Is there no way to get her to see that she's going to end up with some twat who won't care about her down the road? Plus the fact that he won't be able to take care of her.
Quote by jbridge90
Is there no way to get her to see that she's going to end up with some twat who won't care about her down the road? Plus the fact that he won't be able to take care of her.

Tie her to a radiator.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
walk straight up to her and talk to her about it mate.

if she does disregard your feelings on the issue, then that's fine and all...she can make her choices...just try to support her no matter what, if you care about her.

scrape up the leftovers after it hits the fan.
yo.

I BELIEVE
its not about the guy being an asshole, its the take it or leave it attitude. trust me, i'm an asshole and i dont have chicks flocking to me. but think about it, if you want a girlfriend you dont want some moaning soppy love flowers and afternoon tea kinda chick. just too much baggage and issuse to deal with. a chick bein with an asshole means she can go on being self obsessed with their own issues... why doesn't he call me, whats wrong with me blah blah blah but then the guy does call, they feel all validated n sht. that cross over feeling when the chemical switch goes from sad to happy is extremely addictive and thats why some chicks seem to always date themselves up poo creek without a paddle
Quote by Survivalism
SO USE IT.

Reported.

Ah... the cold sting of being reported....
Quote by jbridge90
Hey, I have a question for everyone. I know there's a relationship thread, but it looks to be dead, so I thought I would just post my own thread, and see what happens. So here goes.

My names Josh. I'm 18, out of high school, and looking to get started on the rest of my life. I'm a good guy, a caring friend, and overall a pretty easy guy to get along with. I've dated alot of women, and I'd like to think I understand them pretty well. I have alot of female friends(mostly because I was raised by women and therefore I can sometimes relate to them quite a bit), and sometimes the choices they make really piss me off. I've got alot of really cool chick friends who are dating assholes who don't care about them. Now, we've all heard women love assholes, but some of the guys I've been introduced to are real pieces of work.

Have you never thought that girls might think the same about us guys and the choices we make??
Quote by crumbedfish
its not about the guy being an asshole, its the take it or leave it attitude. trust me, i'm an asshole and i dont have chicks flocking to me. but think about it, if you want a girlfriend you dont want some moaning soppy love flowers and afternoon tea kinda chick. just too much baggage and issuse to deal with. a chick bein with an asshole means she can go on being self obsessed with their own issues... why doesn't he call me, whats wrong with me blah blah blah but then the guy does call, they feel all validated n sht. that cross over feeling when the chemical switch goes from sad to happy is extremely addictive and thats why some chicks seem to always date themselves up poo creek without a paddle

This... is genius
Quote by LaT3raluS
Have you never thought that girls might think the same about us guys and the choices we make??

Actually... yeah tonight I have in fact though that very thing. While I was reading the relationship thread.
I've got a friend who's bf is a crackhead, in and out of jail, now she's in jail, he's hooked up with her best mate who he shagged when they first started going out.

They've been dating since they were 16, now they're 20.

No woman, no cry man. Who knows ftw they think
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
You're a wanker.
"All I can do is be me, whoever that is." - Bob Dylan
Quote by zhilla
Have you actually asked her out? Does she know its an option?

Well I mean we dated last year, and we were getting kind of cozy during that movie a few days ago...
Dude, no offense, bit the way you described this guy is as someone who hasn't got on their feet yet. I mean, all you said was that he was a drop-out and didnt have his own living quarters

Now, we all know that women are caretakers and put personality over comfort......which ends up screwing them in the end. But, if this guy DOES have a good personality, and a good heart, you're going to have a hard time getting her off of him.
Quote by jbridge90
Well I mean we dated last year, and we were getting kind of cozy during that movie a few days ago...

So ask her out she might say yes.
Quote by Fromaster
Dude, no offense, bit the way you described this guy is as someone who hasn't got on their feet yet. I mean, all you said was that he was a drop-out and didnt have his own living quarters

Now, we all know that women are caretakers and put personality over comfort......which ends up screwing them in the end. But, if this guy DOES have a good personality, and a good heart, you're going to have a hard time getting her off of him.

Eh... I wouldn't exactly call someone who's 23, with no education and job who lives with their parents, someone who 'hasn't gotten their feet on yet'. But, if he was a good guy, I could accept the fact that he hasn't done anything to better his life. But the guy sleeps around with other women, does meth, and is a total dick to Amber and her family and friends. Not exactly A+ material
Quote by zhilla
So ask her out she might say yes.

You have a valid point. I'm not usually such a vag about women either...
In relationships, some girls dont think anything through and choose by emotions rather than general thought over someone. Its dumb but, it seems everyone does it atleast a few times in their life.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by jbridge90

So my main question is, what is it about women that makes it to where they can be totally rational when dealing with other issues in life, but when it comes to men they make some of the most retarded decisions? Here's a situation that really highlights this, and it actually has to do with me.

Anyhow, I made a really stupid decision(chose a total slut over her)

Why did I feel the urge to yell out "hypocrite" there?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
*reported* You don't know any women.
Got bored left. Got bored where I went away to. Came back.
Quote by jbridge90
You have a valid point. I'm not usually such a vag about women either...

stoopid question time - whats a vag? :/

Ask her out!
Quote by DirtyMakik
Why did I feel the urge to yell out "hypocrite" there?

I didn't say I hadn't ****ed up.
Quote by zhilla
stoopid question time - whats a vag? :/

Ask her out!

Haha a vagina, a puss, however you like to say it
Quote by jbridge90
About a year ago, a friend from work(her name is Tjauni), introduced me to her friend*Amber). Well, me and Amber hit it off REALLY well. We went to the movies, talked on the phone a bit, and I could just generally tell we really gelled. Anyhow, I made a really stupid decision(chose a total slut over her), and now a year later, I'm really feeling it.
And now you want to be with Amber instead and it sucks that she's found someone else? Yeah, everyone else is a dick and you're the nice guy.

Quote by jbridge90
So when me and Tjauni were alone she told me about the guy. He's 23, didn't graduate high school, and is generally a loser. I guess Amber is hung up on him for some reason, and it bugs me alot.
Best friends are never reliable sources of information on the quality of their friends partners, most of the time they don't think they are good enough. Unless you can give specifics all we know about this guy is that he's not as well educated as you. Rather than being "hung up on" him maybe she just likes him?

Quote by jbridge90
I really care about Amber. She's probably one of the sweetest girls I've ever met. I would love to be dating her and get her away from her family and just give her the life I know she deserves.
If you cared about her that much you'd invite her to live with you without expecting regular games of hide-the-sausage.

Quote by jbridge90
I just hate this because I think I'm 10x better for her than that dickweed is.
Unfortunately for you, Narcissus, it doesn't look like she feels that way.

Apologies if that was too hostile, but you need to make an honest appraisal of the situation - why you really want her after deciding that you didn't, whether she feels the same way, whether or not she would truly be better off with you. It doesn't seem like she's done anything wrong here, you made the decision not to pursue a relationship with her when it was perfectly viable given the bond you seemed to have, I'm not sure you have the right to bitch about the current situation

If you decide that your motives are pure then by all means man-up and tell her how you feel, but it may take a bit more to convince her after deciding that you didn't want her a year ago.
To above user: /Thread.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by MrP
And now you want to be with Amber instead and it sucks that she's found someone else? Yeah, everyone else is a dick and you're the nice guy.

Best friends are never reliable sources of information on the quality of their friends partners, most of the time they don't think they are good enough. Unless you can give specifics all we know about this guy is that he's not as well educated as you. Rather than being "hung up on" him maybe she just likes him?

If you cared about her that much you'd invite her to live with you without expecting regular games of hide-the-sausage.

Unfortunately for you, Narcissus, it doesn't look like she feels that way.

Apologies if that was too hostile, but you need to make an honest appraisal of the situation - why you really want her after deciding that you didn't, whether she feels the same way, whether or not she would truly be better off with you. It doesn't seem like she's done anything wrong here, you made the decision not to pursue a relationship with her when it was perfectly viable given the bond you seemed to have, I'm not sure you have the right to bitch about the current situation

If you decide that your motives are pure then by all means man-up and tell her how you feel, but it may take a bit more to convince her after deciding that you didn't want her a year ago.

It's not like I just ditched her for some chick I had just met a year ago. There was a history there, but I guess it's definitely my fault because of how I told the story. I didn't get with that other chick because she was a slut, I got with her because I thought she wasn't a slut, and ironically that didn't quite turn out how I thought it would....

It's not like I haven't admitted that I've ****ed up alot.
Quote by jbridge90
It's not like I just ditched her for some chick I had just met a year ago. There was a history there, but I guess it's definitely my fault because of how I told the story. I didn't get with that other chick because she was a slut, I got with her because I thought she wasn't a slut, and ironically that didn't quite turn out how I thought it would....

It's not like I haven't admitted that I've ****ed up alot.

Cope with it now.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!