Ive accidently busted my nut i was changeing strings to a heavier gauge ones and the top E string was sticking up so i made a rash decision in filling it down,but to my dissmay i did to much.

it's to low down now and buzzez when i play hard opend,
i made a quick fix by putting small pice of papper which seems to have fixed it pretty good,but is there any other more permanent solution for this problem.

I dont wanna leave it to the local guitar shop for a fix up since it's a cheapo starter guitar and iam assuming fixing a new nut whould cost as mush as getting a new starter guitar (Around 130-150Bucks ore so).
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
a new nut is only a couple bucks dude
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
^
+1
And, you can even get them pre-slotted and everything, so all you have to do is cut out the current nut, and glue a new one in.

Oh, and misleading thread title much?
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by Nexium
Ive accidently busted my nut.

LOL sig'ed.

But you can get a new nut for less than 10 dollars, and if you're scared, bring it to a tech to intall the new nut.
It really doesn't cost all that much man. Just go ask for a new one in your local music shop.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Wow only a few bucks

Hehe yeah i guess the thread titel was a tad missleading but didnt know what ellse to call it.

but int it hard to change the nut i mean isnt it superglued on there pretty bad?
BTW what does ''Pre Fitted actully mean?
are the notches in the nut pre filled to fit a specific type of string gauge?
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Dec 11, 2008,
you can take in the guitar have them replace the nut. you still might get buzzing unless they fit it and set it up correctly.

you can buy a plastic nut off MF. the slots come pre cut. but you will still have to remove the old one and file the sides of the new one to get it in there, and then you'll need to set up your guitar again.

or you can add a drop of crazy glue into the cut of the nut. add baking soda and let harden.
take a file and Lightly smooth out the cut, working at an upward slant up from the headstock side to the fretboard side. you want a slope up to the board.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011