so yeah, im thinking of buying an Ibanez PGM301:

I've been playing for 2 years now...
im getting it for 2000~ AUS dollars, with one year servicing and 3 years warranty..
i've almost got the money for it all
im just not sure if i should get it..
im a huge PG fan and yeah.
anyone think its too expensive? is it worth it?
Its a quality guitar, but I personally wouldnt buy it, even though i love Gilbert.

If its what you want, then you should buy it. If you really cant decide, go out and play some different guitars that you wouldnt usually play, then come back to it and see how you feel.
1) Whats your amp? Get a better amp if you're playing through a ****ty 10 watt amp. $1000 amp with $100 guitar > $100 amp with $1000 guitar
2)Try it out yourself. To be honest, no one can really tell you how good/bad sounding a guitar is or how good/bad it feels.
3) Consider similar models (maybe even different brand). Sometimes its just not worth to pay for signature models, you're just paying more for that PGM logo. If you really like those F-holes, there are stickers that can be bought for your axe.
4) Try used. You can get a great PGM if you go used for half the price.
5) If all goes well. Get it.
I have it and its the best guitar I've ever played, here are some pictures for you

i highly recommend it

Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
i believe that has been pauls signature guitar for along time, and he still uses the same one from way back when. i think theres probably a reason for that. ive never played one myself though.
Well i was going to buy the PGM with the floyd rose... dont get me rong im a huge gilbert fan too...but as soon as i played it i was kinda disapointed... i tried a few S series guitars and then a few Jacksons... and guess wat? I got a jackson Dinky Pro DK2M....LoL
Jackson Pro Series DK2M Dinky
Ibanez GRG 270
Ibanez Tone Blaster 25R
Zoom G2
DigiTech Rp50
I love the PGM301; it's one of Ibanez' best value for money guitars (especially when you look at the signature models): DiMarzio pickups, maple fretboard, Prestige treatment, hardtail bridge, etc.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
lol pgm301 is as simple as you are gonna get (still not bad) .you could buy a custom rg body and a used ibanez neck and it will cost less than half
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Great guitar, love mine. That's all their is to it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by GuitarGuy X
1) Whats your amp? Get a better amp if you're playing through a ****ty 10 watt amp. $1000 amp with $100 guitar > $100 amp with $1000 guitar
2)Try it out yourself. To be honest, no one can really tell you how good/bad sounding a guitar is or how good/bad it feels.
3) Consider similar models (maybe even different brand). Sometimes its just not worth to pay for signature models, you're just paying more for that PGM logo. If you really like those F-holes, there are stickers that can be bought for your axe.
4) Try used. You can get a great PGM if you go used for half the price.
5) If all goes well. Get it.

I've got a Peavey Bandit 112(the older model), its 80 Watts.
I've been looking for used PGMs on ebay and ebay.com.au
but nothings on >.>
and the ones on ebay only ship to US ><
Quote by Arterial
I've got a Peavey Bandit 112(the older model), its 80 Watts.
I've been looking for used PGMs on ebay and ebay.com.au
but nothings on >.>
and the ones on ebay only ship to US ><

Well, i guess its new guitar time for you, the PGM301 is a great guitar for it being simple, but bear in mind that i suspect that a new HSS PGM is coming out next year in 2009, so you may wanna hold on to your cash a little longer.

HSS PGM with 2 other of PG's guitars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB-7P7RYanE
im not sure if i want a HSS setup...
i like the HSH setup.. so yeah :S
what makes the new PGM better?
i like the PAF Pros, not sure about the Tone Zones
what do you think about it?
Last edited by Arterial at Dec 11, 2008,
Quote by Arterial
im not sure if i want a HSS setup...
i like the HSH setup.. so yeah :S
what makes the new PGM better?
i like the PAF Pros, not sure about the Tone Zones
what do you think about it?

He uses those 3 guitars for his latest album, which i think was the best he's done so far doing his solo career. So it really depends on your tone taste
I think it depends on why you want one.

If you want a hardtail RG with maple, DiMarzios, and an AANJ, then go for it.

If you want Paul Gilbert's guitar then wait for the new ones that will probably be unveiled at NAMM.
AANJ is the All-Access Neck Joint. They aren't the big, blocky ones like on Fenders - they're a much easier to play shape.
The only way to explain is with a picture.

That's an S series, but you get the point.

NAMM is the major music tradeshow.