ok i dont know if this is the right forum/thread thingo but anyways,, im after an intermediat solo,,something like a step up from CALIFORNICATION-RHCP but a step under BACK IN BLACK-AC/DC,,
MT's only "suggest me a song" thread at the top of this forum is where your gonna get directed eventually.

edit: im actually surprised its taking this long and no one else has said anything
You never specified the genre your into. Chili peppers and acdc are 2 different styles. I could suggest some tehcnique based ideas for certain tehcniques you might be trying to improve.

Santeria - Sublime not very hard but theres a rolling 4 finger ascending lick that should be played legato without picking. To get these notes smooth and even is going to take a while if you havent worked on legato. It also has some cool pentatonic licks and moves aroudn the fretboard and is pritty short. ITs also a great tune girls love it.

Crazy Train - Ozzy : not as hard as it sounds. If you want to learn some tapping try this one it has some very basic tapping in it.

Pink Floyd : Comfortably Numb. It wouldnt be to hard for a beginger or first year player to be able to play all the notes in this one at the right time as its pritty slow at about 60 bpm. What will be a challenge is to nail the bends and vibrato and get the true feeling that comes out. try this one if you want to work on bending and vibrato and take in some great phrasing in the process. Pay attention to the pitch of your bends and the speed which you get to that pitch. Is it a slow bend? a fast bend? a double bend?. If you dont hit the bends right your listeners will cringe and their ears will bleed.

These are just some commonlly played solos with a variety of techniqes if you want a specific technique or genre let me know ill think of something more specific.
Quote by /-\liceNChains
You never specified the genre your into. Chili peppers and acdc are 2 different styles. I could suggest some tehcnique based ideas for certain tehcniques you might be trying to improve.

Santeria - Sublime not very hard but theres a rolling 4 finger ascending lick that should be played legato without picking. To get these notes smooth and even is going to take a while if you havent worked on legato. It also has some cool pentatonic licks and moves aroudn the fretboard and is pritty short. ITs also a great tune girls love it.

Crazy Train - Ozzy : not as hard as it sounds. If you want to learn some tapping try this one it has some very basic tapping in it.

Pink Floyd : Comfortably Numb. It wouldnt be to hard for a beginger or first year player to be able to play all the notes in this one at the right time as its pritty slow at about 60 bpm. What will be a challenge is to nail the bends and vibrato and get the true feeling that comes out. try this one if you want to work on bending and vibrato and take in some great phrasing in the process. Pay attention to the pitch of your bends and the speed which you get to that pitch. Is it a slow bend? a fast bend? a double bend?. If you dont hit the bends right your listeners will cringe and their ears will bleed.

These are just some commonlly played solos with a variety of techniqes if you want a specific technique or genre let me know ill think of something more specific.

Lol @ Crazy train. You can get the notes down, but certainly not the flow that easily. Lmao

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Way to help the guy^ No advice just a spam post.
He didnt specify a genre. He also said intermediate not beginer so i think its appropriate. Im lmao at you if you think that solo is really hard. Its one of the easiest rhoads solos that Ive tried. I also said it was good to practice for tapping if he wants top aquire that skill . He doesnt have to do the alt picking runs if he cant.
Last edited by /-\liceNChains at Dec 11, 2008,
A step under Back In Black is intermediate? OK. Well, Crazy Train is a good one, to be honest to hone your chops you should probably get Speed Mechanics For Lead Guitar or Rock Discipline, these have great exercises in them.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867263

Please delete this thread and post there before a mod comes in here who has just had a bad day and warns you.

*reported*

In the meantime, just learn the AC/DC song; it isn't that hard and anything in between won't be so much easier than Back In Black.