The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by The ZenOfShred
What song is all great but the solo is a piece of ****?

I choose. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIRNdveLnJI

Good song? Are we ignoring the verses then? Every a7x song I've heard, good intro, good chorus, crappy verses. I'd listen to them, But there are alot of songs I can stand the whole song of.
pulse of the maggots by slipknot... though Im sure most of you will agree, aside from their new album, their solos always sucked
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Paid in Full - Sonota Artica
^
Dunno if this counts, there's a good keyboard solo but there's not a single guitar solo.
Quote by GuitarGuy X
^
Dunno if this counts, there's a good keyboard solo but there's not a single guitar solo.

Well I don't like their solos much anyway... well so far San Sebastian and The End of This Chapter have good solos... But I don't know I guess I just feel most of their time their solos don't fit or a fill lasts too long. Oh and two A's, Sonata.
Quote by PotBellyShogun
Original Fire - Audioslave

Sounds like Chewbacca taking a sh!t.

I'm sure there was also some faggot playing a tuba in that song?
who was your dad?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by PotBellyShogun
Original Fire - Audioslave

Sounds like Chewbacca taking a sh!t.

...So that's what I heard that one time... But... Well I doubt you agree, but I'll say it for the laugh. He said great songs with crappy solos, not bad songs with worse solos.

I couldn't resist.
Quote by GuitarGuy X
^
If I remember right a lot of songs in the new album Unia have no guitar solos

I'd say Evil Angel by Breaking Benjamin. The song is not bad but the solo is horrible.
Inside The Fire - Disturbed

I love the rest of the song, and some parts of the solo are okay, but the ascending dual guitar harmony irritates me, and the end of the solo is just yuck.
Every Slayer song. I love Slayer's riffs, but their solos really suck big time. They're just like a bunch of weird random notes.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Adam Green - Dance With Me
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Broken-pick
Every Slayer song. I love Slayer's riffs, but their solos really suck big time. They're just like a bunch of weird random notes.

I agree with that.

I was never a big fan of Slayer, especially the singing. Not my cup of tea :p

But the guitar riffs in their songs are really good, and when they get to the solo it goes terrible. A bunch of random notes and pedal raping.

(Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to hear a good slayer solo)
Quote by Darkkon
i like that solo... well the 1st half of it anyway.

That's why it's called epic fail...