Yo everyone..so my guitar works fine with my PC via the line-in input..and it records well too..but if I play an mp3 on my pc while recording the guitar, only the guitar gets recorded..how can I record both the guitar and mp3 at the same time?:P
Lets say I wanna record a video I`ll post on youtube..how can I get everything to work at the same time?like capturing the video with my web cam, recording guitar and the background song..?
Cause my web cam only records via my headphone mic or the mic thats integrated in the webcam itself..Does It mean I have to record video and audio separately?

Thx for any suggestions=)
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by Rokkec at Dec 11, 2008,
add a second channel to your recording and have it as an internal input rather than from a microphone or line-in jack
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
Quote by CvPrEpKiLLaH
add a second channel to your recording and have it as an internal input rather than from a microphone or line-in jack

Hmm..but how can I add a second channel?=)

I use wavepad for audio recording..and I set the recording option to line-in:P
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by Rokkec at Dec 11, 2008,
Use audacity or something like it.

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Quote by Lycan_Ste
Use audacity or something like it.

I have audacity and it records well too..with the line-in..but I really can`t seem to find the option for another recording channel...xD
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Pick the mp3 and drag to audacity, after the music is loaded, just click on the record button and record your guitar (a new channel will appear)
Sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian
Quote by RafaelVeiga
Pick the mp3 and drag to audacity, after the music is loaded, just click on the record button and record your guitar (a new channel will appear)

Okey..done that..now when the mp3 is added, the recording button becomes faded and I can`t click it once the mp3 starts.if I click the recording button before playing the song..the song becomes muted:P
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
ight try this. get it to the point where you can play the song and hear the guitar on your computer at the same time. open audacity. record from "wave out"
If I try to record while the mp3 is loaded in audacity the song becomes muted but still plays..If I choose to play the mp3 I cannot record the guitar through the song..lol
Oh, and I don`t have a "wave out" option
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
i didnt mean play the song in audacity =p
was sayin to play the song in something else like winamp. but since you dont have the wave out mix option idk =p sorry
can you insert the mp3 as a track,
create a new track,
play guitar on the new track?

This is how I have done it before with audacity. It should work.

-Ryan
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
can you insert the mp3 as a track,
create a new track,
play guitar on the new track?

This is how I have done it before with audacity. It should work.

-Ryan

You mean just add the mp3 in audacity..open up another "new track" while playing the mp3 on the first one and recording guitar on the second?
Well I just tried it and if I play the song in the first window it won`t let me record anything on the second..so basically back to square one..Dunno why it won`t let me..=/
my friend told me I have to record the guitar parts while listening to the song...then sync it up with the actual song..but then I would have to sync everything with the video from my web cam..a lot of pain=/
Hope there is another way:P
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
****ing eh man.. just listen on your ipod. play the damn song. open up movie maker, put your recording there, put in the song your done.
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

In audacity go to the preferences, check off the box that says "Play other tracks while recording new one" in the Audio I/O panel. That should help you. Than just load the MP3 file in and hit record.
Thx to everyone for your help!
Too bad I`m at work right now and have to wait till the evening to give it another shot
I`ll try and post some recordings as soon as I can
Cheers!
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Quote by take_it_t
In audacity go to the preferences, check off the box that says "Play other tracks while recording new one" in the Audio I/O panel. That should help you. Than just load the MP3 file in and hit record.

Hey man thx!That did the trick..now I can record everything together and export it as a song!=)
Thaks a lot to everyone!=)
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30