Sorry, my computer is playing up atm so I can't really say much.

I just thought the breakdown was really disappointing. The piece is really good though. It's very nice and relaxing. Possibly one of the best pieces I have seen on T&C.

Edit: Might throw in some more edits tommorow.. (today, seeing as it's 4am)

One thing that could do with changing though is the drums. Especially in the clean parts you could throw in some cool hi-hat patterns. For some reason you chose to go with straight hits, which i think kind of takes away from the feel.
Last edited by Regression at Dec 11, 2008,
its really really original n creative.
sounds like what should be (if already isnt) a successful band.
EDIT: orgasmic F add11
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
Last edited by Jake the Peg at Dec 13, 2008,
hey is there any other bands that sound like this, perhaps a bit heavier? i really like the texture, haven't heard much before. what is it? its not post-hardcore really, heard some of that on youtube
and its not really jazz either.
i like it alot.
do you take inspiration from any similar groups to yourselfs???
thanks.

ill start a new thread if a mod comes in and tells me off
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
well my other guitarist used to be a huge fall of troy fan lol. he wrote most of this, but i kinda jazzed it up, put in some better chords and what not. i love all types of rock, the beatles, led zeppelin, thrice, the dear hunter, circa survive, talking heads, king crimson. i also like alot of jazz: miles davis, wes montgomery etc. his biggest influences are FOT, thrice, protest the hero, dear hunter, TREOS, the mars volta, sound of animals fighting, and so on.

idk i havent really heard anything like this genre either so i hope we really go somewhere witih this. its kinda just rock which is what i like cuz so many band these days are just crap.
so all in all i think its just an accumilation of influences coming together. if you care here is a link to another one of our songs: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1017077

and our bands myspace link is now in my sig.

thanks for sharing interest though!
Well I liked everything up to the breakdown,I didn't like the distortsion, I liked it better without it... I don't think of this as a jazz song, more like some kind of alternative(but that's just mine opinion)...
Nobody liked the drums but I can't judge the drums while listening them in GP because I know that they will be different a lot when your drummer plays it....
I didn't like the bass in the last pre-chorus and chorus... I think that you should change the bass there and make it a little faster(I don't mean something difficult to play, just a little bit faster because of the distortsion)...

All in all a great peace, I only listed the things that I don't like but everything else beside this is great...

Crit mine(Song 4 in the signature)?
thanks.
i think there are plenty of sophisticated music tastes out there that want to hear more intelligent stuff than metal (not that metal is bad!) so i think you'll go somewhere too.
cheers.
eh sounds kinda like. . . not emo. . . . but ill say alternative, the song actually flowed together nicely, but some kind of interlude would of made it better. . . like a nice jazz style solo from a guitar, or even say a sax, that would be pink floydish.

hope that helps, feel free(this is embarrassing) to check mine out:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17737104#post17737104

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1026804