Recently, my dad found an old Gibson GA-5T amp in my great aunt's garage. I'm getting it fixed soon, and will probably put it into regular use. My problem is that the amp has absolutely no tone or pre-gain controls...the only controls are volume, tremolo, and on/off. (no standby! )

I want a pedal that has at least a 3-band EQ, and can function separately as a signal booster so I can overdrive the thing. Being a bassist, I know very little about guitar pedals, and am on a pretty tight budget....any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nope, no sig here.
Zoom pedals! They are multi-FX and have 3-band EQ. And there are pedals only for bass too!

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/index.html
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Wrong forum.

But unless you want a multi-FX, you'll need an EQ pedal and an overdrive pedal. An MXR 6-Band, or a Boss GE-7 would do nicely for an equalizer. For overdrive, Ibanez Tube Screamers are always good. You could also try a Bad Monkey.
Wrong forum...?

No, I don't want an MFX...I just want to have the functionality of a normal preamp. The ones you mentioned should do it, thanks man.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Wrong forum...?

No, I don't want an MFX...I just want to have the functionality of a normal preamp. The ones you mentioned should do it, thanks man.

Yeah no problem

I meant this should be in Guitar Gears & Accessories.
Oh my bad, I forgot that was there...I'm used to the bass forum. (we don't get out much)

edit:
Quote by Brian_C
DigiTech RP250 - stunning.
read post #4 man...
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 11, 2008,
DigiTech RP250 - stunning.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
i hear great things about the MXR 10-band eq (standard, not the kerry king)

it has a volume and gain slider and 10 sliders for tweaking your EQ
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
Quote by Mutant Corn
Oh my bad, I forgot that was there...I'm used to the bass forum. (we don't get out much)

edit: read post #4 man...

Hey how did you know I was gonna post that....you quoted b4 I'd even posted it.... something spookie going on here, you been looking over my shoulder again???

I know that, but the RP250 has a 3 Band EQ, plus all the other stuff too.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site