Poll: Should the teacher have been fired?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should the teacher have been fired?
yes - the kids are innocent. Let them have their fun
68 15%
No - he told the truth. the kids need to grow up and get over it.
240 53%
i don't know
18 4%
way to go, you just ruined MY xmas by revealing that santa isn't real.
124 28%
Voters: 450.
Page 1 of 4
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20081211/tuk-teacher-sacked-over-santa-gaffe-dba1618.html

I think this is a disgrace. The teacher told a truth and got fired for it. The kids are 7+ and should know all this by now or at least have suspected it. Kids should be taught to think logically and not to live in a fairy-tale world.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
He will get rehired. If a teacher can get away with saying "nigga" then I think he will be fine.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by untalented
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20081211/tuk-teacher-sacked-over-santa-gaffe-dba1618.html

I think this is a disgrace. The teacher told a truth and got fired for it. The kids are 7+ and should know all this by now or at least have suspected it. Kids should be taught to think logically and not to live in a fairy-tale world.

Shouldn't have been fired, but you're just a Scrooge.
That is unfair, i hate parent's and people who re like this.

There 7, that's old enough to know that santa isnt real. To be honest that gay sound's like abit of a drama queen, nearly in tear's? my ****ing arse, what a soft little queer bastard.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
It's just a thing that parents tell like Tooth Fairy and all that jazz. Let the children believe it, makes 'em good and happy.

I disagree with her being fired for it though.

And for the record: wrestling is fake!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Shouldn't have been fired, but you're just a Scrooge.

oh come on, everyone knows I'm more of a grinch.
Quote by Meths

Quote by sam b

What? Santa doesn't exist?!!!one!.

Damn I've sunk low to try and extract humor from that.

Seriously now, what benefit does children's belief in Father Christmas bring to society? It threatens our economy! The fact that the headteacher finds the need to apologize is laughable.

EDIT: Damn, slowpoke.

EDIT TWO: Lol, I just imagined the situation:
-Kids messing around in class
Teacher: SHUT UP!! SANTA DOESN'T EXIST!!!!
Kids: O.o
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Dec 11, 2008,
who cares?
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
This is riduculous, fired for something as petty as that...
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"-Leanardo da Vinci
Fired? Are you serious?!?!

Sure, give her a stern talking to, but why should a teacher lose their job over this? Idiots!

I guarantee you if she said Kwanza was a fake holiday, she wouldn't have been fired.
Quote by entity0009

Seriously now, what benefit does children's belief in Father Christmas bring to society? It threatens our economy!

Who cares what it brings to society, having the excitement of Santa coming is a great childhood memory and we should let kids have that while they can. Lots of people worry at Chistmas (especially this year) so why shouldn't we let them be care free while they can?

I say tell 'em when they're ten and ready for life to ask it to suck it's balls.
Quote by gallagher2006
How'd you like your kids to have their innocence stolen by someone not even close to them?

Oh please, give me a break. It's not like the kids were raped.

Had their "innocence" stolen. Christ...
At 7, I think kids should believe in Santa.
While I don't agree with sheltering kids from harsh realities of life, I don't think we should spoil fantasy and excitement for them.

EDIT: Teacher losing the job was ridiculous though - a talking to would have done instead, and they're opening themselves to a lawsuit on unfair dismissal.
Quote by Daniel8488

There 7, that's old enough to know that santa isnt real. To be honest that gay sound's like abit of a drama queen, nearly in tear's? my ****ing arse, what a soft little queer bastard.

It's also old enough to know the difference between, "they're," "there," and "their," but clearly no one's shattered that illusion of yours.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
let the kids believe what they want
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
yeah, the teacher broke a fantasy bubble the children had, but you can't sack people for the truth.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by aaciseric
Who cares what it brings to society, having the excitement of Santa coming is a great childhood memory and we should let kids have that while they can. Lots of people worry at Chistmas (especially this year) so why shouldn't we let them be care free while they can?

I say tell 'em when they're ten and ready for life to ask it to suck it's balls.

hmm, maybe because i never had this memory that I don't really sympathise. My mum was too poor to get me any presents - but I really don't care. I'm glad I wasn't spoiled as a kid.
I think that it's nice to live in a fantasy world sometimes but I think that children have a world to live in already that plays like a fantasy. They just don't make enough of it and give in to consumerism. I know I did when I was a kid.
Quote by Meths

Quote by sam b

Quote by gallagher2006
How'd you like your kids to have their innocence stolen by someone not even close to them?

santa=/= virginity.
Quote by Daniel8488

1) The child was crying, not the teacher.
2) 7 is not old enough, primary school children should be allowed to believe these things.
3) The teacher was dismissed because he lost control and acted very unprofessionally.
4) Reported, you that is, not the thread.
Last edited by aaciseric at Dec 11, 2008,
Quote by imdeth

Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by gallagher2006

just what kind of innocence are we talking about taking here, buddy?

Oh, whatever. Parents are mad because little angel found out the truth before they could tell him. get over it; your kid at seven probably knows (and says) worse things than "santa isn't real." Its one thing to let your kid believe in santa claus; its another to convince him its real after he's already found out.
2004 Fender Mexican Fat Strat
2003 Epiphone SG-400
Marshall DSL-401
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter

http://www.myspace.com/realityfracture/
Lol thank's for reporting me, i hope it make's you feel a little bit better about yourself mate

aye well what ever, the fact is the teacher shouldnt have been fired.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Read the artical.. she didn't get sacked, she was a substitute teacher who is no longer being hired by that certain school. She still has a job.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Of course Santa is real!!! Where else d'you think all the presents come from?!
Read the article carefully people... It was a substitute teacher, their agency has been informed but it says nothing of them losing their job. It says the school no longer employs that person, but they were a sub anyway.

EDIT: haha yeah see el-ECTRO read it properly
Quote by Cyberbob
At 7, I think kids should believe in Santa.
While I don't agree with sheltering kids from harsh realities of life, I don't think we should spoil fantasy and excitement for them.

EDIT: Teacher losing the job was ridiculous though - a talking to would have done instead, and they're opening themselves to a lawsuit on unfair dismissal.

Yeah, at 7, they should be allowed to believe in Santa, but getting fired for this seems a bit over the top. Although I do think she was being rather insensitive. I mean, what does it matter to her whether they believe in Santa? She shouldn't have said anything really, even if she thinks they are too old to believe it, it's not her duty to tell people what to believe.
Marge: You know Homer, it's easy to criticize.
Homer: Fun too!

Vegetarian Pastafarian
Quote by imdeth

NO IT'S NOT!!!

Haha, well let the kids have their fun, but he shouldn't have been fired.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by zhilla
Of course Santa is real!!! Where else d'you think all the presents come from?!

The stork...
Teachers have no rights nowadays. My mom is a preschool teacher and she says all the time how the kids are bad and spoiled. It is the parents fault for not giving their children just a little discipline. She said she notices a huge difference in the kids since when she first started teaching back in 89 when I was born. It's really sad.
I remember that my parents told me when I was 6.

The next day I went to school and told all the others about it, however only half of them believed me (of course those who also knew).
What really angered me back then was when we asked the teacher to sort the situation out, if there was a real santa or not, she just walked away laughing.

now that I come to think of it, the teacher's reaction was quite hilarious.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by el-ECTRO
Read the artical.. she didn't get sacked, she was a substitute teacher who is no longer being hired by that certain school. She still has a job.

whether or not the title is an extortion of the truth, it's the principle of it that I wanted to discuss. It's still technically true, the teacher was sacked from a school.
Quote by Meths

Quote by sam b

Quote by Daniel8488
To be honest that gay sound's like abit of a drama queen, nearly in tear's? my ****ing arse, what a soft little queer bastard.

Quote by Daniel8488
Lol thank's for reporting me, i hope it make's you feel a little bit better about yourself mate

You know, it actually did.

aye well what ever, the fact is the teacher shouldnt have been fired.

You have a strange concept of 'fact'.
Maybe it's just me but I don't remember a time where I ever really thought Santa was real
Quote by circus musician
Yeah, at 7, they should be allowed to believe in Santa, but getting fired for this seems a bit over the top. Although I do think she was being rather insensitive. I mean, what does it matter to her whether they believe in Santa? She shouldn't have said anything really, even if she thinks they are too old to believe it, it's not her duty to tell people what to believe.

Exactly, its not up to a teacher to question the beliefs of students, whether they are childish fantasy or not.
Her behaviour was very unprofessional, the group she works with should question her ability to handle a class. Firing is perhaps too extreme, but she definatly needs to be trained better.
Quote by marko'd
santa=/= virginity.

I'm sure there's some Rule 34 material where Santa steals some unsuspecting kid's virginity.
Firing the teacher was too much, they should sue for unfair dismissal. In all seriousness this is why I will never work with little kids full-time, I'd snap one day and pull a stunt like this.
Page 1 of 4