I'm looking into buying a Palomino V32, but seeing as it's a 30 watt and i won't be needing that much volume, I'd probably need an attenuator... I won't' buy one until i have the amp plugged in and cranked though just so I'm sure i need it. but if i do end up needing one, which do i get? And what Ohms? I was looking at one online and it asked whether i need 2/4, 4/8, or 8/16 ohms. so for the V32, which would i choose?

thanks
why dont you get a smaller version of the amp?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
As for the ohms, pick the one that goes with the rating of your speaker. The attenuator will go between the speaker and amp, so it has to match the load that the amp expects, which is the value of the speaker in there.
Palomino heads are 8 ohms. Should be the same with the combo.
V16's are single channel, I want the double. Also I want a lot of clean headroom for when I play with the band.
So is installing the attenuator just a matter of unplugging cables to the speaker and plugging them through the attenuator instead?
Quote by wiredisme
V16's are single channel, I want the double. Also I want a lot of clean headroom for when I play with the band.
So is installing the attenuator just a matter of unplugging cables to the speaker and plugging them through the attenuator instead?

Instead of amp->speaker, it goes amp->attenuator->speaker, so pretty much yes.

I recommend Weber MiniMASS or THD Hot Plate. I am planning to get a MiniMASS myself after Christmas
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Okay, AND another question. Does the V32 HEAD have a speaker in it? I was looking at a Tiny Terror before and finally went to a shop to try it out, and the guy said the thing didn't have a speaker in it and HAD to be played through a cabinet. But with about 1 month of online searching and reviewing I never had the idea that the thing needed a cabinet to be played... So is that just the tiny terror that doesn't have a speaker in it, or do all Head versions of amps need a cabinet to be played? And i don't mean need a cabinet for better sound or whatever, but need a cabinet to hear SOUND.
Hahaha, yeah, that's why it's a head. :\
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
wow, i learn something new every day. but the ONE thing that i learn every day that is not new is that i'm a dumbass.
Quote by wiredisme
wow, i learn something new every day. but the ONE thing that i learn every day that is not new is that i'm a dumbass.

The head version hooks up to speaker cabinets. So you can hook up to as many speakers as you want and different type of speakers.. different types of cabs. So, you can have 4 12 inch speakers if you want or you can have 1 12 inch speaker. You can choose what kind of speaker.. v30's gt75's. Whatever you want. When it has a speaker in it it's called a combo amp. If you want a new speaker in one of those you have to uninstall the speaker and install another one. It's more limited to me. I always buy the head version of anything even if I want a smaller amp. I'll just buy a smaller cab. And if one day you decide you want more... you can get more.
to the first comment I meant you don't need an Attenuator sorry. Wasn't talking about the amp. And the ohm rating you get is based on what speaker cabinet you decide to buy.
Quote by wiredisme
What cab do you guys think go well with the V32 head?

What style were you playing or did you mention? Style matters a little. I'd personally probably go with an egnater 4x12 cab. It's v30 loaded and is the same build as a mesa but cheaper. If not go with a b-52 if you need cheap cabs. They sound awesome for cheaper cabs.
Yeah, an attenuator is really not necessary for a 30 watt.
the attenuator could end up costing even more than the amp.
I play alternative rock. I like quite a bit of distortion for playing rhythm, but just enough OD to make lead saturated. and yeah, i need cheap stuff right now...
Also if you are going for a smaller cab look at orange cabs. I like 4x12 cabs even if it's a low wattage amp like that. It don't sound as pushed it's more clear to me.
Quote by wiredisme

Nah, everyone has to start somewhere. I knew nothing when I first started