So i've been on a mission to get my RG2550 set up perfectly, but i'm having a hard time getting the action as low as i'd like it without buzz. Can old strings cause buzz? the strings on there have been on there a while, maybe around like 4 months...

Also, there is no reason to even consider neck shimming unless your bridge can't go low enough, correct?
maybe they're just old and overused? replace them.. a package of strings are only like 3$
Quote by Zirith
maybe they're just old and overused? replace them.. a package of strings are only like 3$

I'm not asking if i should replace my strings or not, i know i should, and i'm going to asap. I'm just asking if that could be a factor of fret buzz
that depends on the level of the bridge, i've messed with mine alot, its hard to fix with the "G" string (no wrong ideas)
It's rising frets. Ibanez is horrible about this. On every single Ibanez guitar I've ever owned I've had to pay for fret work in order to set my action as low as I want it... which isn't even all that low. But I used to set it extremely low. Basically Ibanez guitars usually have frets that rise around the 12th fret. So when you put your action down where you want it, it is hitting the fret that is higher than the others. I can guarantee you this is your problem. It's best to pay the money and have it done. After you have the fret work done you won't believe how well it plays. You won't even be able to feel the frets on your guitar. It'll be really smooth and feel like a much much more expensive guitar. Cost me 100 bucks to do it on my guitars. This is another reason I switched to schecter. My schecter guitars are stock and I've never needed the work like on my ibanez.