basically im really **** at making things up n thought i should practise playing over a chord progression, but im stuck for what chords to use. what would you recommend?
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
that's a difficult question... one of my favorites to play over is little wing... but i try d, c, g just when i'm warming up most of the time...
Johnny cash style G, C , D, do that till you hear those Freight trains a coming......
thanks, another thing is does anyone know where i can download some progressions to play over like a backing track?
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
guitarbt.com

some are cool some are shiite, sounds like exactly what you need though, I use it a lot.
I've found that learning a few songs which have chord progression has improved by chord improvisation a bit. I made one up yesterday. I think it was Cmaj, Gmaj, Dmaj with the most strumming on the Cmaj, and then Amin in there somewhere and also the voicing of Cmaj with added D in there (B string), I guess it'd be called Cadd9, and also the voicing of Dmaj with the G on high E string, which I guess would called Dsus4 cause the G is 4th in the Dmaj scale or something like that.

I find it's all about the strumming pattern you use. You can make G,D,C,Am sound like that Pink Floyd song if you strum them like once per at proper interval, or you can make it sound like something else like I did and then add some voicings, I dunno something like that.

Quote by wyantsm
guitarbt.com

some are cool some are shiite, sounds like exactly what you need though, I use it a lot.

Cool I'll take a look at this myself.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer