I'm thinking of ordering this guitar but I have no way of trying out one. Anyone else messed with caparison guitars? How do they stack up against anything else? I'm also in America so I'm guessing I'll have to pay a huge shipping price?

lol

Caparison are ****ing amazing....

only problem is the fact that they are $2k new for a MIJ guitar.... so... THAT PLUS the shipping, you are looking at around 3k after shipping, handling, customs, taxes etc etc etc.....

They ARE amazingly incredible though.
Quote by NJNoise
lol

only problem is the fact that they are $2k new for a MIJ guitar.... so... THAT PLUS the shipping, you are looking at around 3k after shipping, handling, customs, taxes etc etc etc.....

Well the one I'm looking at now which is a little different than that one is 1300 in uk money but I don't know how much that is in American. Money isn't a huge issue. I plan on buying it within the next few months and I'm looking at every company possible. This time I want a dream guitar you know? lol I plan on this being my last guitar purchase for a few years actually.
Quote by hcsn2008
I'm thinking of ordering this guitar but I have no way of trying out one. Anyone else messed with caparison guitars? How do they stack up against anything else? I'm also in America so I'm guessing I'll have to pay a huge shipping price?

Where's the pickup selector? O_o
http://www.youtube.com/user/w0nk001

1977 Gibson SG

Line 6 Toneport UX2

Peavey EVH 5150

Quote by poidaobi;8303134
Fiddy Juan Fiddy
Dual Rectumfrier Too Chaaan

Had an ENGRUL Powerlawl and a Fraymus Co-Bra.
Pickup selector on a Horus is the push pull on the volume knob.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Which models do killswitch engage use? I'm not a huge killswitch fan really but I was just wondering which ones they prefer.
Three words...Squier Affinity Strat. Boom., laid some truth on you.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You're not done being flamed in your other thread yet

My guitar was here first so lay hands off my soul.
Quote by Mental Hop
Three words...Squier Affinity Strat. Boom., laid some truth on you.

Not interested in a cheap strat or even an expensive one. I'm not getting your comment?
Quote by hcsn2008
Which models do killswitch engage use? I'm not a huge killswitch fan really but I was just wondering which ones they prefer.

Adam D uses a discontinued model but joel uses dellinger's
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
The Caparison Dellinger I played at a local store is still the best guitar I've ever played. I'd take one over any Ibanez/Jackson/LTD anyday. They are also a lot cooler than any Ibby/Jackson/LTD
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
whats wrong with an MIJ?

caparisons are top quality instruments, even better than some american ones

i must purchase one haha
i wish they would put some maple fretboard ones out for us unendorsed guitarists though
Top lel.
I played some Caparisons this summer in Japan, and I have to say that they are incredible instruments. They play extremely nice and they sound absolutely perfect. They are incredible high quality and are built extremely well. If you have the chance to order one, do so and you will not be disappointed. The only problem for you would probably be choosing one out the different models they have. Of the ones I played (Apple Horn, Dellinger II, Horus and TAT), I liked the Dellinger II the best, so I would suggest that one, but then again that's personal preference. Price wise I have no idea what it would cost you to import one, cause I don't know what they charge for shipping. All that said, it's definitely worth the price.

By the way, how expensive are the Caparisons you're looking at? The ones I played in Osaka cost between 150,000 and 350,000 yen, but I have no idea if that's expensive or not, cause I've never seen any being sold outside of Japan.
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Quote by the memory
whats wrong with an MIJ?

caparisons are top quality instruments, even better than some american ones

i must purchase one haha
i wish they would put some maple fretboard ones out for us unendorsed guitarists though

There's nothing at all wrong with MIJ in fact its a good thing as the Japanese have a great work ethic which means everything they do is to the highest standard. The only drawback is the Japan is miles away so getting their products is costly.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
As the proud owner of this Applehorn, I can safely say they're awesome:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by hcsn2008
Well the one I'm looking at now which is a little different than that one is 1300 in uk money but I don't know how much that is in American. Money isn't a huge issue. I plan on buying it within the next few months and I'm looking at every company possible. This time I want a dream guitar you know? lol I plan on this being my last guitar purchase for a few years actually.

Thats about 2500 US dollars......

and the comment about it being an MIJ guitar was referring to shipping, taxes, and customs costs.
you can get them pretty easily in the UK...

edit: Horus is about £1,300 tops, Dellinger/T.A.T are closer to £1,800
Top lel.
Last edited by the memory at Dec 11, 2008,
Quote by NJNoise
lol

Who cares if it's MIJ. Caparison guitars puts way less guitars out than Gibson's Custom Shop guitars do. They spend far more time on each indivisual guitar. The location where it is made doesn't matter. Only the effort put into each guitar. Ibanez J-customs slay a gibson for far less of a price than most gibsons.

Quote by bjoern_swe
The Caparison Dellinger I played at a local store is still the best guitar I've ever played. I'd take one over any Ibanez/Jackson/LTD anyday. They are also a lot cooler than any Ibby/Jackson/LTD

They aren't remotely comparable to non J-custom Ibanez's, LTDs, Or non Custom Jacksons. Again Caparison spends way more time on each guitar than any of those companies do. And have far higher standards when it comes to quality control.
A j-custom Ibanez is a better comparison in terms of price and quality.

That guitar specifically runs for $1900 if I remember correctly. Though I may be mistaken. It is an incredible guitar. Walnut is a fantastic tonewood. However do you relize that guitar is set up for use in B standard. If you prefer E standard you'd be better without an Horus-HGS but a Standard Horus instead.

I double checked with my dealer the price for a Horus or standard dellinger (non 7 string) is $1899 (well atleast from him and at the time I talked to him a few months ago)
Last edited by Ibanez20th at Dec 11, 2008,
i quite liked the one i tried, but i wasn't blown away, especially for the price (i'm in the UK). Considering you're in the USA, you could probably pick up a suhr, tyler, tom anderson or similar for a similar amount of money- i'd definitely prefer that. However, that's only based on the one I tried, and obviously you may disagree.

Just wanted to give a slightly different opinion to all the "they're awesome!" replies...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd really like to try one, but as far as buying one for their price without being able to try it isn't exactly the best route for me to go. If I ever got to try a Dellinger 7 and it lived up to the reputation of Caparison guitars, I'd buy it in a second.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i quite liked the one i tried, but i wasn't blown away, especially for the price (i'm in the UK). Considering you're in the USA, you could probably pick up a suhr, tyler, tom anderson or similar for a similar amount of money- i'd definitely prefer that. However, that's only based on the one I tried, and obviously you may disagree.

Just wanted to give a slightly different opinion to all the "they're awesome!" replies...

Thanks man give me some more information. I'm interested in getting a new guitar that I'm going to be in love with that looks similar to those. I'm tired of the Ibanez and schecters.. I mean don't get me wrong I love my guitars but I want something that looks great and plays great too. Gibson doesn't make anything I like. Jackson is..ehh.. I like them but I don't want one right now. ESP doesn't make to many models that i'm in love with either. I'm really picky. my 900 dollar schecter is still my favorite guitar right now. I figured I'd try one of these smaller companies who care about their guitars. I want something that someone sat there and built to perfection. Like I said this is going to be my main guitar for probably the next for years so I want it to be right.
Quote by Ibanez20th
Who cares if it's MIJ. Caparison guitars puts way less guitars out than Gibson's Custom Shop guitars do. They spend far more time on each indivisual guitar. The location where it is made doesn't matter. Only the effort put into each guitar. Ibanez J-customs slay a gibson for far less of a price than most gibsons.

They aren't remotely comparable to non J-custom Ibanez's, LTDs, Or non Custom Jacksons. Again Caparison spends way more time on each guitar than any of those companies do. And have far higher standards when it comes to quality control.
A j-custom Ibanez is a better comparison in terms of price and quality.

That guitar specifically runs for $1900 if I remember correctly. Though I may be mistaken. It is an incredible guitar. Walnut is a fantastic tonewood. However do you relize that guitar is set up for use in B standard. If you prefer E standard you'd be better without an Horus-HGS but a Standard Horus instead.

I double checked with my dealer the price for a Horus or standard dellinger (non 7 string) is $1899 (well atleast from him and at the time I talked to him a few months ago)

For the record.... my 2nd post clarified what i was referring to.
off of Ikkebe Gakki's website you can get a Dellinger or Dellinger II for around 1450 USD, which after shipping and taxes would bring it around 2 - 2.5 grand (not sure on taxes, but i'm assuming at least like 500 or so). AMAZING guitars. If I didn't want a fixed bridge or vintage styled trem on my guitars, I'd be dropping all my guitar funds into a Dellinger. Best guitar I've EVER played. Simple, yet effective.
I'd just like to add that Chris Amott from Arch Enemy uses them, as does Anders Bjorler from At The Gates and The Haunted.
Quote by Delanoir
I'd just like to add that Chris Amott from Arch Enemy uses them, as does Anders Bjorler from At The Gates and The Haunted.

not forgetting michael romeo
or peter joseph from the absence!
Top lel.
Damn I need one of these things. I used to wouldn't have liked this style of guitar but these kind of companies are attracting me more and more.
Quote by hcsn2008
Thanks man give me some more information. I'm interested in getting a new guitar that I'm going to be in love with that looks similar to those. I'm tired of the Ibanez and schecters.. I mean don't get me wrong I love my guitars but I want something that looks great and plays great too. Gibson doesn't make anything I like. Jackson is..ehh.. I like them but I don't want one right now. ESP doesn't make to many models that i'm in love with either. I'm really picky. my 900 dollar schecter is still my favorite guitar right now. I figured I'd try one of these smaller companies who care about their guitars. I want something that someone sat there and built to perfection. Like I said this is going to be my main guitar for probably the next for years so I want it to be right.

no problem. to add to those list of guys i mentioned, vigier (if you can find them in the USA) would also be worth a look... if they aren't too expensive (they're french-made, so are decent value in europe).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh, yeah, more info about the caparison... i tried the horus (the 27-fretter). There wasn't anything *wrong* with it, just my overriding feeling was, "that's quite nice", rather than, "wow!", which is what i expect when a guitar is costing £1500 ($2500). I wish I'd have had time to try a few more, but I was on holiday, and couldn't spare the time- the same day, in the same shop, I tried a suhr, tyler, and nik huber, and I'd have to say that I'd have put the caparison as probably bottom out of those 4 (though, to be fair, it was the cheapest). however, in the USA, suhrs and tylers would be much better value than they are here- i'd imagine you could pick up a suhr or a tyler for a similar amount of money to a caparison, if not less.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?