Hi this is my first thread in here, as well as my first serious song. I put this together for my band. The drums and bass are both very incomplete, the guitars are 95% done. I just wanted a second opinion before I start making drums and bass for the song.

C4C, just drop a crit and a link, and I'll get to yours as soon as I can.

EDIT: If anybody feels like making a drum track to this song, do it up and send your version to me
Attachments:
Road To Rohan.zip
Last edited by FelixJZ at Dec 11, 2008,
Thanks for the comments on mine man!
I really like this piece, its sort of a mix between viking metal / melodic death metal. If you put a bit more structure in the it would be epic, i may get around to adding drums to it, just for fun

At the moment i give it 8/10
C4C my other pieces? (in sig)
Quote by Valderama
Thanks for the comments on mine man!
I really like this piece, its sort of a mix between viking metal / melodic death metal. If you put a bit more structure in the it would be epic, i may get around to adding drums to it, just for fun

At the moment i give it 8/10
C4C my other pieces? (in sig)

Thanks man. Viking metal? I've honestly never heard of that.
The structure was one of the main things I was hesitant about. I agree some of the riffs didn't really match the song and it seemed out of place or a bit random. If you could add drums that'd be great .

I'll get to yours right now.
You sure have potential, this is a good song with some very basic structure. You have some interesting ideas for riffs and some nice lead work. There seems to be a real lack of structure to the song, which is fine since you are a beginner and it does take time to develop. Writing in GP also takes a while to master, to learn all the little tricks and effects you can use. Drums are key to a good song, and when I first started writing I would just copy and paste them from other songs until I was comfortable enough to write my own.

You haven't heard of viking metal and you song is named after Lord of the Rings? Haha, I am very surprised. Anyways good start, and keep up the writing - you'll get there.