Page 1 of 14
Okay so here's the deal, what are some metal-head stereotypes you guys have heard? The reason I ask is because I'm a huge White Chapel, Parkway Drive, The Devil Wears Prada and Born of Osiris fan and a few of my buddies started to call me a fake cause I play a lot of Satch...anyone else fall prey to these things?
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
Too bad you aren't a metalhead.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Mosherrrrrrrrrrrrr
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by nebiru

Yeah that's what I was thinking.
For some reason the chavs around here see anyone with long hair and appreciation for metal as an "emo"

If you're gonna stereotype and insult me, get it right!
You're not a metal fan, so there's nowt to worry about, kiddo.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by nebiru

+8 million
Quote by Victor Wooten
Frontbassman, You Win!
Also, Sig this or die!

^Yea you read right, Victor Wooten just gave me a complement.

Quote by kevin14u2nv

dude, in flames sucks.
all their music sounds the same

^ he listens to dragonforce
Shouldn't this be in the Metal forum..since it's about uh..Metal?

I don't know, maybe I'm just being silly.
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by imdeth
For some reason the chavs around here see anyone with long hair and appreciation for metal as an "emo"

Or, it's "uurrhurhur hurr, luk at dat gurl over thar. OY! Arr yoo too poor ta get a 'aircut?" Yeah, I have long hair because I can't afford to have it cut, maybe, just maybe I chose to have it. But that's far too logical.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by nebiru

i agree with this statement
Quote by slafoo
Lol I love the fact you use the word majestic to describe titties... it's as if there are hundreds of titties majestically frollocking in a meadow somewhere *drifts off*
Quote by rocker_46788
...and a few of my buddies started to call me a fake cause I play a lot of Satch...anyone else fall prey to these things?

no one can play satch but satch.
Perfect metal stereotype;

If you have long hair, apparently your music goes RAGHHHHHRAGHRARGHRARGHHHHHHH.
i.e. Anyone with long hair and has even one item of black colthing is immeidately a goff and they listen to grind.

I find that one pretty funny.
I once accidentally set my MP3 on loudspeaker mode on the bus, gave everyone a good blasting of Amon Amarth. Some old woman says to me when I turn it off, "What are you, satanic?".

That really pissed me off.

Whenever I say at school etc. that I'm in a metal band, they say stupid things like "Oh, Jesus has abandoned this one."
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
Shouldn't this be in the Metal forum..since it's about uh..Metal?

I don't know, maybe I'm just being silly.

It's not about metal. Refer to his first post and then mine.
lemme guess they are all about teh sweepz and teh breakdowns. Yea I know a bunch of kids like that, that is the extent of their musical/guitar playing abilities too. EXAMPLE: I have a friend who playz teh brootalz hardcore stuff, he can sweep fairly well and play riffs...but refuses to play on a clean channel and can't even properly form major chords. And...IMO Satch>hardcore when it comes to musical skill (and SRV>Satch).
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Dec 11, 2008,
Quote by bobdohl
no one can play satch but satch.

And Coldplay, apparently
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I can agree with the long hair stereotype but I'm bald and get the same ****
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
Quote by nebiru

That's true, they'd probably make him cry in there.

That's why I never go....
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by entity0009
I once accidentally set my MP3 on loudspeaker mode on the bus, gave everyone a good blasting of Amon Amarth. Some old woman says to me when I turn it off, "What are you, satanic?".

That really pissed me off.

Whenever I say at school etc. that I'm in a metal band, they say stupid things like "Oh, Jesus has abandoned this one."

The best tactic is to make a joke about it.
Like say "yep, and if you mess with me again i'll summon a daemon upon you".
But then again sometimes that leads to a deadly silence broken by 'hows about no'.

Damn people
Quote by nebiru

All the bands he listed are metal (post-hardcore if you want to be picky). Stop thinking you're so cool because you listen to t3h br00talz gr1ndcore.
Quote by Tom_hatton
All the bands he listed are metal (post-hardcore if you want to be picky). Stop thinking you're so cool because you listen to t3h br00talz gr1ndcore.

Stop thinking you're so cool just because your avatar is Luigi.
Who the **** cares about Luigi?!
Quote by imdeth

Exactly the same at my school...do I look like an emo? Everyone calls me that! Really clever....
Quote by rocker_46788
I can agree with the long hair stereotype but I'm bald and get the same ****

Well, the metal look is generally made up of two stereotypes. The long haired and the bald with beard types.

Urr, wut's Kreator on yer shiirt? I bet its well goffik yoo mosherr.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by Tom_hatton

Ok dude. Go back to your hair products.
I know there are elitists in every genre of music, but for some reason the metal elitists get me really angry..
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
I have actually been told off for listening to five (yeah it's catchy/good for a drunken dance) because I'm more more into malefice/sikth/nevermore. It's as if you have to choose one genre and stick with it or you're a fraud...ridiculous.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by nebiru

Exactly, those are the most unmetal bands in the world.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by Tom_hatton

But they're not metal, that's just that. Anyway, grindcore fails, 180bpm powerchord overdriven beer fuelled out of tune shredding thrash FTW. Seriously, it's the way, man, it's the way.

Quote by Musicman_91
Exactly the same at my school...do I look like an emo? Everyone calls me that! Really clever....

Do a school shooting, show them who's boss.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by in2thesun88
IMO Satch>hardcore when it comes to musical skill (and SRV>Satch).

You can't be serious.

Quote by nebiru

Ok dude. Go back to your hair products.

Yeah well... go back to being a stupid elitist asshole.

Yeah, that's right.
Quote by Tom_hatton
You can't be serious.

he was serious, and he was correct.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Here we go...
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by imdeth

Hey!

Well, inverted cross Luigi is a bit less faily.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife