Beginner Song Program 4.0

Before I start, I just want to say, this is not the completed version!
This is a 'beta' test of the AJAX side of it.

Basically, I need a few people to test out the new program, in your range of different browsers to ensure that the AJAX features of the new program function properly.

Some of you have already seen the new version, however, most have not, as it was sneekily hidden in a post.

There are several new features in this new version. The biggest includes a personal development program. This allows you to create a list of songs, scales and lessons which you can use to get better at the guitar, bass or theory.

Now, before I continue, there are limitations to this version.
This is just a beta test of the AJAX version. There are two versions of the website.
One for users with AJAX compatible browsers, and one for people who would prefer a non ajax version.

I have only just completed the AJAX version, which has been very tricky. I've quickly tested it out on firefox, chrome, safari, and opera, and extensivly tested it out in IE 7.0

It works beautifully in IE7, but need more help tracking bugs in other browsers.
I would also like to take the opportunity to get feedback on what additions you would like to see in it.

So, simply click the link below (or above). Test out all the new features, and then post here whether you like the new version or not, improvements, and bugs.

Remember! The non-ajax site isn't complete. It may work on some parts, but it wont work for it all, so be aware of that! Also, the "top users" and "Moderators" list isnt finished.

In a couple of weeks, ill be emptying the databases, so any development lists you make, will be deleted.

Thanks for your help!

Features:
  • A new URL to get to the program (alot easier too)
  • The site shouldnt have a vertical scroll bar, therefore its alot easier to view.
  • On the index page, most of the form elements have an autocomplete function. Type something into the boxes and see the popup-box.
  • The song list will only update if you enter a space " " or click the search button.
  • The song list is now split into pages, so it doesnt make the page a mile high.
  • The new development plan program
  • Log into the development program, go to the song list, click a song and click "add to plan". This will insert it into your development plan. (It will only work if you login).
  • Registration is instant, you only need your email address (or any random email address - You dont need to provide your real one).
  • You can add scales to your plan by clicking "add to list" on the development plan links list. (These aren't real scales at the moment, I couldnt be bothered to upload loads).
  • You can create your own custom difficulty levels, and also gradually learn it. This will be displayed as a percentage complete.
  • There is a red box on the left of the development plan, this will display your overall progress through the list and will automatically update.

Side Note:
Because the program is getting quite popular (its being advertised on other sites as well), and because its using AJAX, its got about half a million hits in the last 4 months. I have a temporary bandwidth limit on that site of 10GB, and its currently using 15% of that, therefore, google adverts may be placed on some sections of the site in the near future.
Been away, am back
I like it. Much easier to use than the last version.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
^
Yeah, I've designed it to be alot easier to view (IE no more scrolling down for long lists). Hopefully it should work.
Been away, am back
Sexier. Love the new theme.

Well, it's working fine for me. (FireFox)

Great job!
Quote by J.Bass.M

I don't care about the f***ing radius of the f***ing inlay.
working decent for me in the IE8 beta
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Looks good,

But may I make a suggestion? Could you add a "browse songs" function? Maybe it's there and I missed it, but it would be nice to just look through the database.

If I knew what beginner song I wanted to play I just look for the tab on UG.

That being said your work on the project is MUCH appreciated and the new features work great!
My Gear:

Guitar #1: 1997 Fender MIM Strat
Guitar #2: 2007 Epi SG (G-310)

Effects: Roland DS-1 Distortion (for switching in distortion quickly, NOT cause I want a "l33t brootalz tonz!")
Amp: Roland Microcube
Quote by BMGfan
Looks good,

But may I make a suggestion? Could you add a "browse songs" function? Maybe it's there and I missed it, but it would be nice to just look through the database.

That being said your work on the project is MUCH appreciated and the new features work great!

Such as a "browse all" feature?
It was a feature on all of the previous version, i must have just forgot about implimenting it will work on it very soon
Been away, am back
Quote by BMGfan
Looks good,

Bump for the browse songs. It would be easier to look through the list of songs