A few days ago I posted a thread asking for peoples opinions in selling out. after a few replys the thread devolved into a veritable ****-storm of insults. today i am trying this again.

the nature of this thread is to provide me with some anecdotal accounts of peoples experience, knowledge, and opinions on selling out. anything you want to add would be helpful, as long as it does not stray from the topic. i would appreciate your respect and maturity in the matter and if you do not have something constructive to add i would kindly suggest that you don't waste your time posting.

Thank you for your time.
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
personally i think a bands names shouldnt be on anything other than cd's and tshirts

that meens no kiss condoms, no kiss coffins, no kiss comics, no kiss action figures....
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

You have just created a 5th.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

for that you get the tower of lulz, with which you can reach the lulgods
once, there was this power ranger figure I really wanted.

but when I went to the store they didnt have any anymore.

that's my best sold out story.
Quote by CoreysMonster

This was basically my joke from his last thread. Same theme anyway.

Anyway I don't really have an interest in the topic. Even if the band puts their faces on every item in the world I'd still listen to 'em if they made music I enjoy.
when linkin park sold out
and did faggy music
dam u rick rubin
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Quote by CoreysMonster

that is the most heart wrenching story i have ever heard! did you ever get you power ranger, which one was it? this is important!

anyway. one word, Metallica.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by imdeth
This was basically my joke from his last thread. Same theme anyway.

Anyway I don't really have an interest in the topic. Even if the band puts their faces on every item in the world I'd still listen to 'em if they made music I enjoy.

well its a really obvious joke ^^
Quote by zapatista89
when linkin park sold out
and did faggy music
dam u rick rubin

see, this is why your thread wont work.
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
If I like the music, I don't care. If they change their music to be "radio friendly", I'll lose respect. I don't care if a band evolves sound (See: Sum 41, Avenged Sevenfold) but if they try to be radio-friendly, I won't like them as much (See: Kings Of Leon)
I'm in a band, and off merch and shows we still lose upwards of $150 a show.

It's not wrong for a band to want to make money, it is wrong for a band to change for money.

There are of course exceptions, for example, I would never have action figures, or condoms or socks. I will have shirts, hats, stickers, shoes, buttons and mad posters involving my band.

It's a business as well as an art form y'see.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by B.do
see, this is why your thread wont work.

+1

Let's try and get something cleared up here: When a band makes a different kind of music to what you are used to from them, it is not selling out, it's just them exploring different styles of music, they'd get a bit bored otherwise wouldn't they?

Like the other guy said when a band starts putting their name on things other than clothes and cds, that can be classed as selling out.

Before anyone comes out and accuses a band of selling out just because you don't like their new record, please first rub both of your brain cells together and pray it ignites a spark in your head.