i dont realy know that much about cabs, i know a couple of brands whos cabs i have liked the sound of, but i really only think its cus they had it somewhat thick and uncluttered

ive tried a couple of marshall cabs that were decent, i really like orange cabs but they are two expensive, i believe they were laneys i used, but i didnt really like them that much

im gonna have a hughes and kettner statesman head, i play classic rock and blues, i like clear thick uncluttered sound, so what do you think would be good for me, needs to be pretty damn cheap too lol, i have a marshall cab i can use but its a piece of ****, im not sure on the model but its basicly a half step up from an mg, but the H+K is gonna wipe me out money wise, so what would be a good cab for me, thanks???
Are you asking for an amazing sounding. great looking, free cab?
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
Quote by Bigdave9576
Are you asking for an amazing sounding. great looking, free cab?

lol, i can only dream, but i mean realilisticly, like i know obviously for a freekin cheap cab its not gonna be ammaaaaazing sounding, but im lookin at least decent, i am willing to go used and what not, but you know, i dont care about how it looks at all lol, its speakers I could really care less how it looks, if i could find free..... well thats not gonna happen haha
if you dislike the marshall cab, hock it for cash or try to trade it for another cab (plus cash). And i'm assuming your cab is an AVT, since you said it's one step up from an MG?
check out an avatar cab. you can call up avatar, and usually dave, the owner, will help you out with a good cab that'll fit your needs well.
Quote by SlappyMcLardfat
check out an avatar cab. you can call up avatar, and usually dave, the owner, will help you out with a good cab that'll fit your needs well.

eh... i looked at their stuff online, i didnt really see anything i liked for a reasonable price, the only thing i really saw that seemed like it would have kind of a unique tone to it was a like orange knockoff, and it was i think around maybe 1000, and well im lookin to spend up to like 600 at most, i know its not gonna get me somethin grand but im really lookin for somethin that just works, but still has uniqueness to it
Well... unless you're buying an MG or Behringer garbage cabinet... the speakers are what are giving you the sound. Unless of course you factor in diameter or how many (4x12, 2x12 etc.)

I have always wondered how an MG cabinet, with Vintage 30's would sound...
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Well... unless you're buying an MG or Behringer garbage cabinet... the speakers are what are giving you the sound. Unless of course you factor in diameter or how many (4x12, 2x12 etc.)

a friend of mine uses a behringer cab with V30s and it sounds okay. he's also using a valveking...
Quote by `digitaL.braVo

the MG cabinets are smaller than the typical 4x12, so it would probably sound weaker. i'm sure they're also made out of particle board and wouldn't stand up to much more than sitting there. and a regular sized head would hang out over the edges and look goofy.
Yeah but the wood of a cabinet is kinda like the wood in your guitar. It makes a difference but the amp/speakers are FAR more important than anything else you put in there.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Yeah but the wood of a cabinet is kinda like the wood in your guitar. It makes a difference but the amp/speakers are FAR more important than anything else you put in there.

really i tried an mg cab with a i believe peavy windsor head and it sounded pretty bad.... but still noones answering my question lol, what cabs would be decent for me
Quote by Horlicks
Don't put such a good head into a shitty cab.

ahaha, i had am mg head before.... lol
line 6 spidervalve, its not a spider at all, not based on a spider, has nothing to do with a spider, they just idiotically put the name in it.
My combo spidervalve gets creamy distortion that will make you melt, so this cab should do the trick.
come with v30s, heres the link: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-Valve-412VS-4x12-240W-Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=605504
Avatar would be your best bet. Or a used Marshall 1960 if you can find one for cheap. Actually, if I were doing the cab thing all over again, I would go with a 2x12. I would either buy a very cheap or empty one, or build one myself, and slap two Warehouse Veteran 30s in there. Those are great Vintage 30 clones that are built better and cost about half the price.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
Avatar would be your best bet. Or a used Marshall 1960 if you can find one for cheap. Actually, if I were doing the cab thing all over again, I would go with a 2x12. I would either buy a very cheap or empty one, or build one myself, and slap two Warehouse Veteran 30s in there. Those are great Vintage 30 clones that are built better and cost about half the price.

realy?? what would be better about havin a 2/12 instead of 4/12?? umm.. im really bad at doing projects like that myself lol, i barely passed woodshop in the 8 grade ahahaha, so basicly the most i can probaly do is put different speakers in wich idont really wanna do but you knwo.... but ya mostly what would be better about a 2/12?? and also isnt a marshall 1960 4/12???

also sorry for bein such a pain in the ass with all thesse questions, but you know its a lot of money on the line here haha
2x12s are more portable. And cheaper. But sound differently than a 4x12 cabinet does.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
2x12s are more portable. And cheaper. But sound differently than a 4x12 cabinet does.

eh portability i could care less about, i really dont mind carryin stuff like that, cheaper i didnt know that but now thats probaly somethin to look into, and differently you mean???? like thinner or weaker sound or what?? not as warm>......
haha, i think ill save up for a 4/12 then, hmmm.. allright well at least i narrowed my search down to 4/12s
Quote by SVStee
Less full, less bass, less presence, if you will.

Not less bass. A different kind of bass. You really should try out a 2x12 before ruling them out for a 4x12.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by eberg2
eh... i looked at their stuff online, i didnt really see anything i liked for a reasonable price, the only thing i really saw that seemed like it would have kind of a unique tone to it was a like orange knockoff, and it was i think around maybe 1000, and well im lookin to spend up to like 600 at most, i know its not gonna get me somethin grand but im really lookin for somethin that just works, but still has uniqueness to it

You're basically asking for your dream cab and if you don't have the money for your dream cab then you're going to have to compromise somewhere. I would suggest a Vader cab but they're even more expensive than the avatars.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
You're basically asking for your dream cab and if you don't have the money for your dream cab then you're going to have to compromise somewhere. I would suggest a Vader cab but they're even more expensive than the avatars.

nahh... if i was lookin for my dream cab it would just give a godly sound out of it basiclly be amazing, as i said somethin that works but still has uniqueness to it..... i have an epiphone guitar that works and still has some uniqueness to it like just cus somethins cheap doesnt mean its all bad you know....

christ allright its probaly cus im bein difficult but dammit heres what i want

a decent cab for classic rock 600 or lower .....
I was looking for a cab last week and found a guy that builds custom cabs. He says he will build anything he can ship. I have him building me a 4x12 that is similar is design and the same dimensions as an Orange PPC412 loaded with WGS Veteran 30s.

The guy has a couple listed on Ebay under the name Son Set Beach. I had asked about them on here but no one ever responded but I decided to give them a try anyway. He claims to use 13ply Baltic Birch which as far as I know is what many name brand cabs are made of. I should have it in by Friday so I will have a better idea of how well they are built, but if you are looking for a cab that has some uniqueness to it email this guy and see if he can build what you want.
Quote by Demigawd
I was looking for a cab last week and found a guy that builds custom cabs. He says he will build anything he can ship. I have him building me a 4x12 that is similar is design and the same dimensions as an Orange PPC412 loaded with WGS Veteran 30s.

The guy has a couple listed on Ebay under the name Son Set Beach. I had asked about them on here but no one ever responded but I decided to give them a try anyway. He claims to use 13ply Baltic Birch which as far as I know is what many name brand cabs are made of. I should have it in by Friday so I will have a better idea of how well they are built, but if you are looking for a cab that has some uniqueness to it email this guy and see if he can build what you want.

cool thanks alot lol