Im no expert but i'd guess Em for the intro and verse etc...and possibly B Dorian for the chorus...maybe
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
cheers for the fast reply.

Does B dorian just mean it uses the notes from the second 'postion' of the A major scale?
Also, how did you come to the conclusion it's in Em, because the F# used (9th fret on top E during intro) isn't in the key of Em.

All this theory is confusing me...
Quote by ArcticConnor
Also, how did you come to the conclusion it's in Em, because the F# used (9th fret on top E during intro) isn't in the key of Em.

All this theory is confusing me...

The ninth fret on the E string isn't F#, and F# is in the key of Em.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^
That would be a natural sixth, which is part of the E Dorian scale. Since Dorian is a minor scale, you could say that it is in Em.

Also, that song seems to be in drop D tuning, according to your tab. So your C# would actually be a B.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by Page&HammettFan
^
That would be a natural sixth, which is part of the E Dorian scale. Since Dorian is a minor scale, you could say that it is in Em.

Also, that song seems to be in drop D tuning, according to your tab. So your C# would actually be a B.

That C# is on the high E string.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^
Ah, for some reason I thought he was talking about the low E (that's what I consider to be the top), so I wasn't really looking at what was going on on the high E, B, and G strings.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
^ Just to avoid confusion, even though the thicker strings are closer to your head than the ground, most guitar players will refer to those as the "Low Strings", as they are lower in pitch.