Right, I plan on buying my first PROPER guitar soon (I bought the ony I currently play on for £10 :eek.

I'm a lefty and I don't really want to spend more than £1000 on a guitar, preferably less, so I think the Les Paul Studio would do me quite nicely.

Can you guys offer some advice?
if you want a LP

Dillion Agile Edwards Tokai

any of those will do you good
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
if you want a LP

+1
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Bostonrocks
if you want a LP

The fact I don't know what on earth any of those are should give you an idea of just how much of a guitar noob you're dealing with here.
They are the names of guitar companies, Google them and you should find their sites. BTW, if this is your second guitar, I wouldn't spend Gibson prices on it. Save that until later
Might sound odd but I'd really like one that'll last me as long as I wish to keep using it (a long time) which is why I initially thought a LP Studio might be good.
And no, he's not saying they are better than a real Les Paul, but they are all quality guitars he named. Buying a $1000 Gibson isn't going to make you play any better, a good guitarist can make a $150 axe sound good. What you need to be looking for is quality, not names and prices. There are plenty of companies that make cheaper guitars than Gibson, but still have good quality. Check out Schecter.
first things first, have you got a PROPER amp?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
first things first, have you got a PROPER amp?

No. I use my amp from when I used to play bass.

This is making me sound like a total shambles so far!
Quote by TheSeventhOne

get a good amp
good amp>good guitar
the Tokai Edwards and the higher end Dillion beat out just about any gibson under standard

EDIT: and cause it doens't cost so much you're not scared to take it outta the case
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Dec 11, 2008,
Quote by TheSeventhOne

in that case the best guitar in the world wont sound great and you wont be gigging

your priority is something which plays nicely, great pickups or looks arent a necessity

i'd be looking at highway 1/MIM fenders, PRS SE series, Epiphone Elitist series.

you'd probably still have cash left over for an amp.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Technically all Gibsons outside of the custom shop (VOS line) are not so hot these days.

This is with regards to anything that comes out of the Gibson USA factory (studios, classics, standards) they are all subject to the same level of poor quality control. The studio is still the best value but you have to spend some time sorting through the lemons.