What's up with that anyway? I listen to metal, mainly Mastodon, Megadeth, etc. and I've got a few tracks by them on my cell phone. So people ask to take a look at it and go to the 'music' section first of all. They play a track and then say "I hate this kind of music" or "It's ****" and so on. While they may think whatever they want, I don't like hearing what they think I should listen to or how bad they think my music is. I don't comment on their taste in music, whatever they may listen to. If I like it, all right. If I don't I keep my thoughts to myself. I'm not saying everyone should like the same music I do, or be all merry and positive about it, but am I not free to listen to whatever I want? /Rant

Have you got any similar experiences with this?
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
You can listen to whatever the hell you want to but when you do you have to be open to argument and prejudice. It's a part of music dude... if everyone liked the same exact genre there would only be one. so ummm deal with it?
Maybe because is megadeth.:P

But seriously.
Yes, and It's very annoying.
Try slipknot or korn next time next time.
Maybe then you'll be socially acceptable.
****ing douche bags
Quote by Rookie One
makes jizz shoot out of your don johnson
I don't care what people listen to, and I listen strictly to metal and classical.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Yes. I keep them all filed away under my 'I don't really care' file, which is in the 'being a bigger person and not getting all huffy because the bigger kids don't like my tastes' cabinet.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Your avatar is Blastoise with a christmas hat on. This renders all elitist arguments made against your musical tastes invalid.

Seriously though, musical elitism is everywhere. Deal with it - the only person who decides what music you should like is you.
People are selfish. Ignore them, it'll make them feel stupid.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by special_kae_911
Maybe because is megadeth.:P

But seriously.
Yes, and It's very annoying.
Try slipknot or korn next time next time.
Maybe then you'll be socially acceptable.
****ing douche bags

HAHAHAHA KORN HAHAHAH

(see what I mean I couldn't resist making fun of the fact people actually listen korn, hopefully he won't cry about it.)
I have an intolerance towards the same thread being made every other day about other people being elitist, and implying they are better than the elitists.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
Screw all of them! Underground Black Metal ist Krieg!
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
Quote by Jupiter1213
HAHAHAHA KORN HAHAHAH

(see what I mean I couldn't resist making fun of the fact people actually listen korn, hopefully he won't cry about it.)

I don't like Korn.
I was saying that korn and slipknot seem to be the only bands now that are socially acceptable.
I think theyre crap.
Quote by Rookie One
makes jizz shoot out of your don johnson
I know how you feel.

My gf hate Coheed and Cambria and Bjork
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Quote by Jupiter1213
You can listen to whatever the hell you want to but when you do you have to be open to argument and prejudice. It's a part of music dude... if everyone liked the same exact genre there would only be one. so ummm deal with it?

Of course, you're absolutely correct. You'll always find someone who appreciates the same music you do, so music is obviously a very relative thing. I just don't understand why you should be questioned for your taste of music. To me it's nothing to be argumented, as it all comes down to the preference of an individual. But then again, that applies to religion and science aswell, but I can't say that's not a hot topic...
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by special_kae_911
I don't like Korn.
I was saying that korn and slipknot seem to be the only bands now that are socially acceptable.
I think theyre crap.

Oh sorry for the misinterpretation.

But that makes no sense at all... technically every band is socially acceptable... unless they're like a group of baby eating cannibalistic rapists. And I'm sure even THEY would still have a handful of fans. So to say that only popular bands are socially acceptable is bullocks.
i hate it when people do that.. people just listen to hip hop and have no real taste....

Your avatar is Blastoise with a christmas hat on. This renders all elitist arguments made against your musical tastes invalid.
I don't know whether it's just me but I've found that I don't enjoy listening to the things I once did 3 or 4 years ago. I'm not talking about particular bands but I'm talking about genres as a whole. Now, I really couldn't give a damn about rock-or anything subrock/jazz/shred/classical/blues etc. I've stuck with Chinese Pop music for a long time and I just find it's overtaken me. It's not really a phase because I know from this day onwards, it's all I'll ever want to listen to. I've tried going back to finding new stuff from the genres I used to like and even some I never considered listening to before but it's getting worse with each new listen that's I'm pretty sure I'll never go back.

I'm very content with my musical preference nowadays and I don't know - I take a lot of pride in the music that I like and even more so that not a lot of people like what I like. It just makes everything feel special to me. I don't particularly care what other people listen to because I have something very special that I don't particularly want to share - I feel that it's mine and I don't want to let it go.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Dec 11, 2008,
Yeah one of my flat mates was like ''I don't understand why anyone would want to listen to slipknot, it's just noise''

Now i'm not a fan of slipknot but i've heard a number of there songs and they're not just random thrashing and screaming (despite what some Ug'ers might say:p. What made it even more annoying was the fact he listened to drum and bass. I don't tell him his music is ****e, i even go on nights out where we visit clubs that play exclusively drum and bass, but i try to enjoy it rather than knock it.

Annoying.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by tymanic
i hate it when people do that.. people just listen to hip hop and have no real taste....

Name: tymanic
Sex: Not yet

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
I was much too far out all my life
tell them to grow some balls and cope with real man's music like metal, instead of the light indie stuff they probably like
Quote by Jupiter1213
HAHAHAHA KORN HAHAHAH

isn't this thread about dicks like you anyways?

I don't like Korn but I'm not gonna take an e-dump on someone cuz they do...grow the **** up
Quote by tymanic

you're being a bit of a hypocrite aren't you?
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
isn't this thread about dicks like you anyways?

I don't like Korn but I'm not gonna take an e-dump on someone cuz they do...grow the **** up

Cry about it.
Haven't you ever heard chavs at the back of a bus etc play r'n'b, or chavvy music and thought "Urgh, I hate that crappy music they play?"
What I just said is a lie.
I get **** from the metal-lovers at my school for my taste of music all the time, interestingly enough.

I listen to Death Cab for Cutie, Dashboard Confessional, Arcade Fire, Coldplay, the Postal Service, Arctic Monkeys, Brand New, and Circa Survive quite often and I am told on a daily basis by metal elitists that my taste isnt "heavy" enough or "f*cking emo".

I also listen to metal and hardcore and such, but that is beside the point.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by hownowbrowncow
Haven't you ever heard chavs at the back of a bus etc play r'n'b, or chavvy music and thought "Urgh, I hate that crappy music they play?"

THOUGHT, yes. But you don't walk over to them and tell them to "turn that crappy music off". Especially when they're chavs...

TS said in his post that it's normal to have an opinion about other people's music, but that they should KEEP IT TO THEMSELVES.
Quote by jarudy
well listening to **** like a job for a cowboy makes me think, how is this MUSIC?

Yeah I get that occasionally, but I then just take the piss out of the opposing person's music in return. It can be fun.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
it may be wrong of me, but for some reason, whenever i hear people talk about intolerance or something like it, i immediately think they're a giant pussy. i don't really know why this is, but it's true.
Quote by LiquidCheese
it may be wrong of me, but for some reason, whenever i hear people talk about intolerance or something like it, i immediately think they're a giant pussy. i don't really know why this is, but it's true.

I know, Martin Luther King Jr. was such a pussy, right?

So was that pussy Gandhi.

And dont even get me started on Alice Paul.

/sarcasm
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
most people only listen to mainstream music and decide that other music sucks, i listen to metal because it IS ****ING AWESOME not becuase other people listen to it (i don't konw many people who do)
It's just another case of people presenting their personal opinions as fact. It's perfectly acceptable for someone to not like a certain type of music, but when they start acting like they're better than someone or looking down on someone because they like a certain band or genre, they're just being assholes.

We all have plenty of music we'd never really care to listen to, but you have to understand that it appeals to other people for their own reasons and respect that. There's no "right" or "wrong" with music and anyone that thinks there is is a giant douche.
(the exception is people who listen to music to "fit in" or other reasons that don't involve them actually liking it, but that's a different subject)
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

Quote by Dudeman5000
I know how you feel.

My gf hate Coheed and Cambria and Bjork

She doesn't

I don't care, I accuse people in my class for having sh t music taste. For the lulz. I don't care what others listen, I only care what I listen.

Where i live Slipknot is not socially accepted.
On my school i am the only one who like Slipknot.
The only one beside me i know also like them is my uncle who is about 23 or something.

If you want good slipknot u should listen to (sic) and the drum solo from 9.0 live disc 1
The reason i like slipknot is they have 1 of the worlds best drummers. they are 9 guys who play at the same time (i think) and i like number 8s (the singer) voice.
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.