i am getting a set Zakk Wylde EMGs for my Ltd 100qm for Christmas and i want to put some nice inlays in but i can't afford it. i have found a few sites that sell vinyl inlay decals, has anyone ever used them before? do they feel/look real? do they wear out quickly? do they interfere with playing (bends, slides ect)
I've heard they feel fine and last a really long time. I've considered getting them myself. I don't have any personal experience with them though.
i like a smooth fretboard. a sticker would kind of annoy me personally lol.try putting a sticker on the fretboard of your current guitar and see if it is a bother to you.
Quote by jymellis
i like a smooth fretboard. a sticker would kind of annoy me personally lol.try putting a sticker on the fretboard of your current guitar and see if it is a bother to you.

i'm not sure how thick they are but i don't want people to look at my guitar and say, hey that guy has fake inlays!
personally, sticky stuff is the last thing I'd want touching my fretboard...

short of some sort of saw.
------

Shwiggity.
Seems kinda tacky to me?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I've got some on a couple of my guitars. I found mine on ebay. The sellers ID is creative-cuts. They have alot of different ones to choose from. They will even make your own custom design. They sre really thin. I don't even feel them when I play. From a couple feet away you can't tell they're vinyl stickers. They don't wear off like paper stickers do. I've had 2 sets on my Explorer. When I removed the first set I used a razor blade to lift a corner then peeled them off. They didn't leave any residue on the fretboard at all. I wasn't sure about them at first but I tried a set anyway and they have surprised me. The ones on my LTD have been on there a year and still look great. People ask me about them all the time and say they look cool. I've got some pics in my profile if you want to see them.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Dec 11, 2008,
I have two sets, They look good, are durable and are easily removed with no damage to the fretboard. I tried several different sets to see what style/shape of inlay would look like on my scalloped neck guitars, so when I did get them inlaid I was sure of what inlays to have put in. Since using the decals from creative cuts, I am sticking with them as I have the advantage of changing them or removing them if I want.