Hey all i've been out on the prowl for a new bass recently, and i came upon this one.

I'm just looking for the general opinion of it and to see what some people who own one think.

as for my musical style, i play mainly rock and metal, but also classical and jazz.

Probably wishful thinking but if someone knows of a bass that can imitate the upright bass sound, and still do heavy rock that would be wonderful
It is still my opinion that a lightning rod atop of a church shows a lack of confidence.

Quote by watchingmefall
Love has no boundaries. Except maybe dead people and liking your mom.
Quote by BassMRSI
Probably wishful thinking but if someone knows of a bass that can imitate the upright bass sound, and still do heavy rock that would be wonderful

You can sound a bit like an upright by playing at the neck, or above the fretboard, with your fingers. I don't own a Jazz 24, but I heard good things about them.
The Jazz 24 and the Jazz V 24 are very good basses. Check with JazzRockFeel (Bales); he owns one as do several others on the forum.
I'd like to point out that no electric is really going to sound quite like an upright...the ability just isn't there. Kind of like how no electric is ever going to sound like a classical guitar, you know? There'd have to be some digital modeling going on.

You can get the sort of tone you're after from it, it just won't sound like an acoustic.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by BassMRSI
Hey all i've been out on the prowl for a new bass recently, and i came upon this one.

I'm just looking for the general opinion of it and to see what some people who own one think.

as for my musical style, i play mainly rock and metal, but also classical and jazz.

Try a Line 6 Variax Bass.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I have it in cherry suinburst i might add, and it is an amazing bass and wil do me for many years. It doesnt munch through batterys and its SO versatile. Theres also a 5 string version if you fancy that. But it Pwns anything else in its price range. Go get IT.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
A piezo bridge would be a good upgrade if you're looking for upright tone.
That and flatwounds is the closest I could get.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
No electric will be an upright (not that I've tried all that hard). Anywho, I love the Jazz 24. It's built startlingly well as I'm basically more dangerous with a screwdriver than a gun and I've ripped the thing apart. It still works perfectly. It's not an old school bass, but if you throw it into to passive you can almost get that passive jazz sound, but in essence it's a modern bass and isn't sorry for one second. One beef I have is that the pickups and electronics are very noisy on some, at least that's what I've found. But a set of noiseless pickups (coming soon) should take care of that pretty easily.
Ive also been getting ready to buy a new bass lately, and ive been really interested in trying a jazz 24 but i've heard the preamp is cheap and has a tendency to die. I'm sure this is probably just a small portion of bad basses but anyone know anything about this or its reliability in general?
^I've heard that in some reviews, but anyone I've talked to "personally" (as personal as the net gets) have never had that problem and I sure haven't. My only complaint is that when you turn the knobs there's a little crackling, but if I ever worked up the energy to clean out the pots properly that wouldn't be a problem either.