Hey guys.
I just got my ESP M-II and it is brilliant etc. but there is one problem.
Once I've tried to detune it to drop C key it just resists that.
I am unscrewing these little sadles up around headstock that blocks the strings and when I tune them down to needed values after screwing these blocks again it just jumps about 2 tones higher than I wanted them to be.
I'm not very familiar with OFR so this question may sound a bit noobish :/.
Am I supposed to do anything else with the bridge itself to complete this setup?
It has been setup for standard C tuning in shop I bought it from.
And which screw shall I screw in more tightly to eliminate fret buzzing sound.
I believe that after detuning guitar the string tension would require some more modifications.
Please help.
Thanks.
Gettin' better ^_^
Was it in standard originally? if it was you probably need to loosen your trem claw screws otherwise its not gonna work.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
By dropped C, do you mean CGCFAD (Dropped D 1 step down)?

or do you mean C standard with the low C dropped to A#?

there are 2 very different answers from this, as they're two different tunings completely.

It sounds like you're trying to down tune all your strings, which on a floyd is generally a bad idea unless you know what you're doing. The springs in the back will resist the tension of the strings, so when you loosen your strings, your bridge will pull it tighter.put it back into the tuning it was intended for, with the same gauge strings it was set up with.

From there, you can raise or lower the bridge with the posts on either side of the strings.

You're right about the string tension. Because you're changing to a tuning that requires a different string tension, you'll have to adjust the bridge to handle the respective tuning's tension.

hope that helped
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by Shadowy
Trem claw screws?
Could you describe it somehow?

Basically flip your guitar over and theres gonna be springs back there and a metal piece with screws in it. You need to loosen those when you start to get in tune so that your trem remains level and the tension is equal.

Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I wanted to play some EVH and Malmsteen and as they use many open strings it just isnt possible to play one fret lower.
When I say dropped C I mean half of a tone down, so that gives us: D#, A#, F#, C#,G#, D#.
It now is in its previous tuning but I've ran out of instrumental songs that can fit standard tuning.
Have you got any proposals of good, instrumental songs to play in standard tuning?
Gettin' better ^_^
I don't know how to properly explain how to set up a floyd over the internet. Do you know anyone who knows how to set up a floating Floyd Rose tremolo?
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Quote by Shadowy
I wanted to play some EVH and Malmsteen and as they use many open strings it just isnt possible to play one fret lower.
When I say dropped C I mean half of a tone down, so that gives us: D#, A#, F#, C#,G#, D#.
It now is in its previous tuning but I've ran out of instrumental songs that can fit standard tuning.
Have you got any proposals of good, instrumental songs to play in standard tuning?

D#G#C#F#A#D# is Eflat standard, but that's beside the point.

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=floyd+rose+setup

that will give you a couple answers on how to set up your floyd.

As for songs, look into satriani or vai or petrucci's solo stuff. should be a good challenge, and the first two have enough whammy wankage that you'll want to make sure that your guitar is set up well.

good luck!
------

Shwiggity.
you said you were able to change the tuning, but then it changed when you locked down the nut-blocks? if you want to lower the tuning on a floating-floyd you have to detune the strings at the tuning machines a little, then loosen the spring-tension claw in the back of the guitar. otherwise the tension springs will just pull the bridge back
but if you're new to floating Floyds and your guitar is set up properly, its not the best idea to go changing tunings. even for experience floyd users its a colossal PITA to change tunings