I think that my dad is getting me a new guitar, seeing as my web history is a whole tonne of info on a particular guitar, the only problem is ithat its a dual humbucker guitar. And i hate humbuckers.

How do i stop this?
Last edited by KiErAn123 at Dec 11, 2008,
You could just change them when you get the guitar or tell your dad to get you a guitar with only single coils.
hue
Tell him you want single-coils
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
1. Your dad looks at your history?
2. If you hate humbuckers why is your web history full of a guitar with humbuckers?
3. Wrong Forum, take it to EG.
hello
Last edited by opc100 at Dec 11, 2008,
Quote by opc100
1. Your dad looks at your history?
2. If you hate humbuckers why is your web history full of a guitar with humbuckers?
3. Wrong Forum. Take it to EG

1. You didn't read TS's post, did you?
2. You didn't read TS's post, did you?
3. Quite right, though.
or....

dont complain and just be happy you parent has enough money and cares enough for you to put thought into your gift.

Use the guitar for other types of music... or simply change the pups or put in a coil tap.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by opc100
I did read it, that's how I know his dad looks at his history.

Read again.
If you still don't get it, repeat.
Get the new guitar and use it to expand your tonal options.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by ZeGuitarist

Read again.
If you still don't get it, repeat.

Ohhhhhhhh, I get it.

Take it like a man TS, be grateful that your dad is nice enough to buy you a guitar and that you don't have to save up £5 a week to buy yourself one.
hello
Leave hints by filling your history on info on a guitar you'd prefer?
Or just stick a coil tap in
ohai little sig.
ya, ill talk to him about it.

i thought of something though. everytime my dad, who is a musician, has got me an instrument he has let me help pick it out, so we'll see.
Find a different guitar you like and set a picture of it as the background on your computer.
When questioned about it, say "It's a dream, one day..."
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
Umm... Coil Tap?

doesn't really cost that much.

EDIT: And be thankful that parents still do these things.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by MonsterOfRock
Umm... Coil Tap?

doesn't really cost that much.

This one.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
maybe he is buying himself a new guitar, and you are too self centered to realize it? maybe.
If you're a hot chick you've probably got a good chance with the lead singer or guitar player, If you're a little bit overweight, you should probably go for the drummer. If you're a dude, go for the bass player
Quote by Thepoison92
You could just shut up and be grateful that he's even getting you a guitar?

Can we take this to the Holier-than-thou thread?
change your desktop to the guitar you want and put "THIS ONE" in big caps right above it
"For whiter teeth......try a F*CKING toothbrush!"
1. seriously, just take the 'buckers your tastes may change. maybe try playing some different music with it. It's always nice to have more tonal options than less...

2. leave the computer on a web page that says something like "sinngle coils > humbuckers"
Quote by teknotard
or....

dont complain and just be happy you parent has enough money and cares enough for you to put thought into your gift.

Use the guitar for other types of music... or simply change the pups or put in a coil tap.

thumbs up
Quote by iimjpii
Can we take this to the Holier-than-thou thread?

TS is being an ungrateful twat, for most families money is tight at the moment, so the fact that his dad is considering getting him a guitar should be enough to make him happy
Quote by KiErAn123
I think that my dad is getting me a new guitar, seeing as my web history is a whole tonne of info on a particular guitar, the only problem is ithat its a dual humbucker guitar. And i hate humbuckers.

How do i stop this?

Swap the pups and selector switch to get humbuckers that can be selected to run as single coils

And why the hate on humbuckers?
This is how I'd do it with my dad (this method works, it got me a telecaster for my 18th):

Find a song with a sweet SC tone (something bluesy probably) and then be like 'omg dad that tone is so amazing, do you know how he does it? it's the single coils in the guitar...' then start going on some tech rant about the sound of single coils and how they're better than humbuckers. Then maybe a day or two later, find a video of a similar artist with a similar tone and pause it (youtube works for this) and call him over to take a look at it. Then point out how the single coils look different. Be sure to put a LOT of energy and passion into your descriptions. Talk about how you wish you have a single coil guitar to make sounds like that.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite