i was just wondering if there were any pedals out that could give my les paul the tone of the single coil pick-up on a strat. it's the clean, hendrix sounding tone you get when you set the pickup select second from top.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Buy a strat ? :p

Seriously one coil and double coil have alot of differrences mostly double coil are more warm sounding.

I don't think there's a pedal or you need to try the acoustic simulator i believe BOSS has one.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Rather than buying a pedal, why don't you buy a push/pull pot and wire a coil tap into your guitar?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
treble at max, use the pups closest to the bridge, that's kind of all:/
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
There are many pedals which do this, don't listen to the newbs saying that you can't do it or have to buy a strat

For example on the boss ME-50 there is a tone editor, which you can use to make humbuckers sound like single coils, vice versa, make your guitar sound like a classical, steel string acoustic, and many more etc.

There are stompbox pedals which do the same type of thing, I can't remember the exact names of any though.
wat.
*Insert what everyone has said about coil-tap here*
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Quote by blue_strat
Coil split + middle position on the selector.

what is a coil split? how does that work?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Quote by masturnate42
what is a coil split? how does that work?

It's when you only are using one of the two coils in your Humbucker at a time. I'm not sure how you actually set one up though, you'll have to ask someone else
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
You'll need to buy four conductor (wire) pickups in order to do this, since stock pickups are usually 2 conductor. You'll also need a 500k push/pull pot to replace one of your tone controls (or two to replace both of your tone controls, depending on how much flexibility you want).
Hi, I'm Peter